Navarre Glass Marble And Specialty Company 1897-1901

BHudson

Navarre Glass Marble and Specialty Company 1897-1901

Looking for more information on this company,Photos, marbles,books,anything.

Im interested in this company but cannot seem to find many collectors or info.

There's a bit in Paul Baumann's Collecting Antique Marbles, and in Block's book on collecting early machine-made marbles -- mostly MF Christensen and Christensen Agate, but has a section in the beginning devoted to the early "transitional" types, including Navarre. Some good photos of "pontil" types (melted, ground, etc.).

I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl -- oh, sorry . . .

Hi Bruce, I'm over in Lexington and have a pretty good group of melted sigle pontil slags most navarre and barberton. Here is a pic of a case with several plus some ground pontil slags. Give me a shout and get together if you'd like.

Bill

Very nice group,Seems like most think there not much to look at but i have always liked them.I guess the age thing is there too.Can i use your pic as a referance?

I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl -- oh, sorry . . .

Yea, YOU'RE the one that kills me, marblemiser . . . :confused-smileys-17:

I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want WHOOPS there I go again . . .

I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want a horizontal swirl I want

Me, too... Me, too... Me, too... Me, too Me, too... Me, too... Me, too... Me, too... Me, too Me, too... Me, too... Me, too... Me, too... Me, too Me, too...

;)

Wow MARBLEMISER that' the absolute best collection of these i've seen!!! Truly outstanding!!! I love these American/Leighton handmade marbles! The first 1 15/32" is the centerpiece in my collection! Next 4 pics is a small 21/32" not quite as symmetrical as my big one, but does make me dizzy looking at the best side!

post-130-127510828028_thumb.jpg

post-130-127510865498_thumb.jpg

post-130-127510867349_thumb.jpg

post-130-12751086833_thumb.jpg

post-130-127510869166_thumb.jpg

thanks I LOVE MARBLES

the ones shown in groups are 3/4 to 13/16 within a 32nd~

Four are transparent red base glass.

I got 22 ate the same place.

There were 8 more, But for whatever reason

the people that hed them wouldn't sell them to me.

They were purchased from an antique shop by me.

The shop owner gto them at a yard sale in New Philly.

There were 30 in all.

And after looking and observing the likeness of them.

It seems the maker tried to make them in pairs!

then he would take them home at the end of the day.

I REALLY wish I could have gotten the other 8.

They were however ( the 8) purchased by another

collector. I tried to purchase them from him.

But he had already scattered them to the wind.

(sold them separately)

They are much nicer inhand.

Thanks again

marblemiser