I want to know more about Bricks. please..

ness

Hey Ness, if this is for learning reference, depending on the type of monitor you have, sometimes oxblood doesn't look "true" online...

I never seemed to have a problem, until I got this new Dell flat monitor, now the oxblood seems more bright red and less dense and opague, with even the possibility of looking transparent.... Of all the great pictures above, that I'm sure are oxblood... Only Road Dogs really look oxblood in color, to me.

Yeah, my monitor shows them redder than they really are too, though they do vary quite a bit....see the pics in BB Big Marble book with a buch together.....here are a couple of pics of them that seem more "natural".....Jon

ps the MFC Brick is pretty close to natural color

post-181-1138911187_thumb.jpg

post-181-1138911203_thumb.jpg

post-181-1138911263_thumb.jpg

post-181-1138911280_thumb.jpg

post-181-1138911344_thumb.jpg

Guest browse4antiques

(1) classic black-brick (2) black-and-white brick (with some moss) (3) green brick (4) lava-flow black brick (5) blended back-brick (6) black-and-white brick - okay, so I made up some of those names. ... Roger

post-112-1139027392_thumb.jpg

post-112-1139027430_thumb.jpg

post-112-1139027534_thumb.jpg

post-112-1139027624_thumb.jpg

post-112-1139027701_thumb.jpg

post-112-1139027841_thumb.jpg

Kinda......according to BB the oxblood slag was originally named Moss Agate by MFC, very very dark green glass and oxblood....also some of the pics in Mike's post above are Akro Cornelians and are darker reds and reddish purples.....and BB says that there is some proof from recent digs that Akro also made a brick....but most of these type marbles are called any and all of the above depending on the seller.....pax Jon

Guest browse4antiques

When it is the oxblood that forms the primary striping glass (forms the 9-and-tail) then it is a green brick. If it is a primarily white in green slag with some oxblood mixed in, then it is an oxblood slag. At least that's how I understand it. ... Roger