Ebay Plug - Lot's Of Awesome Bags & Vitro Box

spara50

Griff,

I make it clear in my eBay description that this box was found empty and I added the marbles. I have no idea what was supposed to be in the box, just that it could be from the 40's when Vitro went to Parkersburg. I don't believe a box has been found with the marbles. It is not out of the question that tri-lites could have been in the box, and so I put in some of my very nicest same runs to fill it. It seems that the box would have had high quality marbles in it, not something common like All Reds.

i am sure Chuck & Dianne could shed some light on the subject. This is just a guess.

This is not one of the boxes out of the collection from New Philly, but was one of three found together by the former owner of that collection. I have two of them so I am selling one. Thanks for asking!

Craig

HI CRAIG,DIDNT READ THE DESCRIPTION,RECOGNIZED THE BOX.THATS WHAT I WAS AFTER.DIDNT KNOW IF THE RE-SEARCH WAS DONE ON THAT.RAY HAS ONE OF THE BOXES,EMPTY,AND HE WAS THINKING OF DOING THE EXACT THING,WITH THE SAME TYPE OF MARBLES.YEP,MAYBE C&D MIGHT "KNOW" SOMETHING,IF ANY BODY.IF YOU FIND OUT ANY INFO,GIVE ME A HEADS UP.THANKS,,,GRIFF

William, I have sold quite a few of these boxes with vintage marbles in them and so I had them in the pre-1970.

I copy the auction listing and re-work it with different boxes. I forget to change the category on them sometimes. They are clearly marked as not being vintage either way.

Craig