Not An Ebay Plug

bjmarble

Wow I really like that reverse 9 hand gathered (pic# 8)......story has it that there aren’t very many reverse 9 mibs because back in the day, it wasn’t considered "proper" to be a lefty?......has anyone ever heard this theory before or have any other theories as to why the so few reverse twists in older Germans or American mades?

Lefties are about 1 in 10. You'd have to have someone who was both a lefty and a glass worker. If you follow this link:

http://akronmarbles.com/mf_christensen_son_co.htm

Take a good look at the furnace photos and you'll see the punty was dug into the right hand side of the furnace. It could boil down to personal preference but the amount of wear on the right side of the MFC furnace definetly shows a bias towards clockwise gathering.

-Brad

Edit: On the subject of slags, did you ever unload that large peach CA Brad? If not I would happily volunteer a foster home for it :)

Lefties are about 1 in 10. You'd have to have someone who was both a lefty and a glass worker. If you follow this link:

http://akronmarbles.com/mf_christensen_son_co.htm

Take a good look at the furnace photos and you'll see the punty was dug into the right hand side of the furnace. It could boil down to personal preference but the amount of wear on the right side of the MFC furnace definetly shows a bias towards clockwise gathering.

-Brad

Edit: On the subject of slags, did you ever unload that large peach CA Brian? If not I would happily volunteer a foster home for it :)

Hey Brad

The peach slag went in a group sale, sorry. I did get full value for it though.

Brad