Yard Sale Find

marboman

Well I got of my duff yesterday and did some yardsaling,found this hopp ching game.Everything there but the marbles,I,m guessing it dates back to early fifties? Also picked up a pretty little ravenswood liberty,I'm looking forward to finding a lot of good stuff this summer.Bo

post-279-1223045965_thumb.jpg post-279-1223045972_thumb.jpg post-1768-1211743199_thumb.gif

Well I got of my duff yesterday and did some yardsaling,found this hopp ching game.Everything there but the marbles,I,m guessing it dates back to early fifties? Also picked up a pretty little ravenswood liberty,I'm looking forward to finding a lot of good stuff this summer.Bo

those were stolen from me last year. thanks for finding them. i will be by to pick them up.

Hi Steph, the swirl looks like a ravenswood to me but I could be wrong.I shined a blacklight on it and it didn't pop.Any idea when that box was made? I know they made many versions.The box is marked made in U.S.A. Pressman toy co. New York n.y. and a number on the box 5953.Would appreciate any help,Thanks Bo

I don't know how to date the box. Al might be able to help with that. My very vague guess would be the 1950's because of the plastic cups and the Japanese marbles.

Here are SOME of the different types of marbles which have been found in Pressman packaging: Mostly Pix - Pressman.

Their Japanese cat's eyes in Post #5 look like the early cats, which I think were from the 1950's.

But that's not all the Pressman Japanese packaging types there were.

Chuck (aka Chuck Jr. aka Chucks_mibs) has/had a bag with a set of Japanese pinchers in it. Those were used for Chinese Checkers ... wonder if that could have been what was in your bag .....