Akro Timeline

Steph

On 4/17/2020 at 7:56 AM, Steph said:

Well, the pictures are back for the most part.  

Thread format is an even worse hodgepodge than it was before with some pictures at Imgur and most still at Photobucket.  But we have pictures. :thup:  Photobucket finally wore me down and I decided I'll pay their monthly fee for now.  That gave me room to return the Akro pictures I had removed.  And fortunately they didn't automatically randomize the picture names when they reloaded them.  

So yay!  

Those are awesome thanks you sooooooo much your work is appreciated and amazing..

I did not know Sparklers were made so early that is awesome info 👍

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, teajayo said:

Hi ... does anyone know how to get in touch with George Sourlis who authored 'Master Glass Company Marbles' ??

Thanks

I believe @hdesousa could have some answers for you about George ??

Here's a link to Georges "Master Glass Company Marbles" book for sale on Amazon 

LINK ::  https://www.amazon.com/Master-Glass-Company-Marbles-Identification/dp/1504979478

On 11/25/2023 at 10:24 AM, teajayo said:

Hi ... does anyone know how to get in touch with George Sourlis who authored 'Master Glass Company Marbles' ??

Thanks

I am so sorry that I passed on erroneous information about George. I am very disappointed with myself for not better vetting the information I was given before sharing it. My most sincere apologies to anyone who may have been adversely affected.

Edited by Ric
Apologies to all concerned

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Ric said:

I cannot find nor have I seen any trace of an obituary, Hansel.

How do you know he died?  Last I heard he was moved into a nursing home; our mutual friend Lutzy died but I'm still trying to get hold of George, unless I know for sure he's no longer around.

On 12/23/2023 at 7:30 PM, hdesousa said:

How do you know he died?  Last I heard he was moved into a nursing home; our mutual friend Lutzy died but I'm still trying to get hold of George, unless I know for sure he's no longer around.

I heard this at the Indianapolis Show about a year ago and I sure hope I wasn't given incorrect information. I have tried to learn more but have not been able to find any information online. I will certainly try to verify the info at the show next week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 10:48 AM, Ric said:

I heard this at the Indianapolis Show about a year ago and I sure hope I wasn't given incorrect information. I have tried to learn more but have not been able to find any information online. I will certainly try to verify the info at the show next week.

following. Any further information on George?