Pics Pics Pics - Let's Get Back To Marbles -

disco005

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marblegamepainting.jpg

I am posting a couple of things I've never shown before. this is a painting of an Oklahoma farm family marble game. It was a gift from a dear friend.

hamononeinch.jpg

I got this case for collector golf balls in Missouri. When i first laid eyes on it, I knew it could be a marble case. I took it to Hobby Lobby in Houston and asked the talented lady there to make a picture frame with wood to match, add hinges and a latch and hangers on the back side and I have a wall hanging marble case.

These are my favorite hand made contemps. They were made by Robert L. Hamon, West Virginia glass artist, one inch marbles. The last two pics I tried to get close enough that people could see the construction of the marbles, but they're a bit blurry.

hamononeinch2.jpg

hamononeinch3.jpg

Alan, I was looking at your sec0nd pic closely just now (Ro Purser)and noticed "Noble Effort". Now I really am impressed. It's not just a Purser, but also a Marquis. Edna

I was quite fortunate to acquire that piece of history.

corks.jpg

corks were the first machine made vintage I collected - bottom row I like a lot

corks2.jpg

corks and white spirals

pumpkincorks.jpg

My camera washes out the pumpkin color on some of these. the top row

are pumpkin and red

spirals.jpg

Top row are lavender and yellow. all of these are spirals except the middle row (correction, it's the 4th row that is cloudy)

that have cloudy glass. Don't know if they have a name other than corkscrew.

I do like Gerry's work. I only have 2 and they are neither one of them as gorgeous as yours. Thanks for the pic. I've heard he isn't making marbles any more. Do you know? Edna

I believe that he stopped a few years when he didn't feel well.

It's nice to find someone on this board who likes contemps. I started out collecting contemps and akro. Weldon wants me to stop collecting contemps - running out of space, but I can't stop. I still need a Ro Purser and more Vogelpohl and Recko and Sable and O'Grady and ........... Gosh there are some I've just begun to collect. LOL Edna

:blink:

Edna, those last few photos WOW! Especially in that last photo, that 2nd marble in the second row and the third marble in the third row!

And that ENTIRE 3rd photo - ESPECIALLY that 2nd row

and that bottom row in the first photo.

LOL, okay - all of them, you've got me all freaked out. :) -Jess

Here's another shot of a few of my favorites.

post-78-1245895442_thumb.jpg