disco005

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greenandwhite.jpg

cloudy base, green and white cork - too bad i can't focus in on it

looseakro.jpg

just loose corks, in the center is an orange spiral in an orang transparent glass that we talked about in another thread. Most of these are dug patches.The bottom marble is on a cloudy, opalescent base with corks of blue, orange, and yellow

purples.jpg

purple corks

2nd row, purple and yellow corks, very hard to find

4th row, purple and green corks also difficult to find

spirals.9774949.jpg

spirals, top two rows are blue and white spirals

strangeakro.jpg

Would you believe akro patches? I wouldn't, except that I bought two of them from Bud Cloven who got them from Roger Hardy. I got the third one last week in a batch of alley, akro, peltier, and champion.

Bill those with the grey-beige base #3,4,and 5 are nice. I haven't seen those before. Edna

Paula, they do look like JABO. Really funny isn't it? Dug at Akro, deep down, long before JABO. Amazing what came out of the ground there.

Bill those with the grey-beige base #3,4,and 5 are nice. I haven't seen those before. Edna

Paula, they do look like JABO. Really funny isn't it? Dug at Akro, deep down, long before JABO. Amazing what came out of the ground there.

gotta keep in mind, when akro started up, many of the marble makers from up north migrated to akro when they started business with their awesome talents. and many ... many .. early akro's show patterns that remind you of m.f. or chrissy .... bill

post-75-1246133333_thumb.jpg

post-75-1246133356_thumb.jpg

post-75-1246133388_thumb.jpg

kenschneidereit.jpg

Ken Schneidereit

kevino5C27grady1.jpg

Kevin O'Grady - 3 inches plus

Back of the same marble

kevino5C27grady1a.jpg

Kevin makes his own colored boro glass and a lot of it has aventurine in it.

kevino5C27grady2.jpg

Also Kevin O'Grady. I believe this is the only one like it. Kevin told me I had bragging rights as Brian Bowden was there first and he missed this one.

rch.jpg

Rich Hollingshead - this marble is hollow

krisparke1.jpg

Kris Parke

krisparke2.jpg

More Kris Parke

krisparke3.jpg

Another Kris Parke

ssb1a.jpg

Marble by Stan Skipper

ssb1.jpg

back of Stan's marble

vogelpolhandrasmussen1.jpg

Collaboration marble by Filip Vogelpohl and John Rasmussen. Filip made the marble. There is a vortex inside that can be viewd through the clear places on the surface. Rasmussen did the beautiful elaboration on the top of the marble. I'm told Rasmussen is known as the father of boro glass.

vogelpohlandrasmussen1a.jpg

Closeup of Rasmussen's decoration.