"the" Vitro Thread ! ( Part Deux ;-)

feelnmarbleous

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al, i knew if anyone had one of those bags it would be you lol !

Vitro Aquamarines With Oxblood

Ok, so i know some people still don't think that Vitro had real Oxblood in them, but i have to disagree with this, i have a Vitro Aquamarine with real Ox, and yes it's real Oxblood, has anyone else seen this before ? and if so do they have pics to share ? Would it be ok to say that it is Rare ?

Al, i knew if anyone had one of those bags it would be you lol !

Vitro Aquamarines With Oxblood

Ok, so i know some people still don't think that Vitro had real Oxblood in them, but i have to disagree with this, i have a Vitro Aquamarine with real Ox, and yes it's real Oxblood, has anyone else seen this before ? and if so do they have pics to share ? Would it be ok to say that it is Rare ?

Kevin, There is Vitro oxblood! They have marbles with both translucent and opaque oxblood.

Ok, i was just wondering, because ive seen a few debates on the Trans Oxblood, but i must say i have a few Vitro's that ive wanted to say "This looks like it should be Ox" but only on my Vitro's...

Seen only two with real Ox, and only one with real Ox on a Aquamarine, but i am sure there are more out there...

Any body who believes David McCullough didn't know how to make oxblood before the 2008 marbles, close your eyes and don't read. He made some gorgeous champions with oxblood..... just like akro ox.

Want to see? Check out the thread McCaleb started on They Deserve Their Place.

I thought that "everybody" knew about Champ and Alley ox. Vitro ox isn't even surprising anymore. Pelt ox quit being surprising some time back. But did any of them have ox which wasn't an accidental byproduct of the coloring agents involved? For example, I've been noticing a lot of ox floating around near aqua shades. This seems likely accidental. To me. At present. IMHO. etc. etc. I'm figuring copper was used to make the aqua shade (just a guess - looking for confirmation or correction someday).

With regard to "Vitro ox", there is some which doesn't hover around near aqua or green, right? But that kind doesn't look so much like Akro ox?