Does This Have A Name

SNYD

First off, no pictures :huh: I had to have a fellow chatter help me with the polisher pictures. :wacko:

Okay

I just went to my local dealer that does heating units for homes. He gave me a marble that looks like a Peltier. It has a gun metal gray base, there are green and red ribbons just like a Christmas tree, in fact it looks just like a Christmas tree but on a gray base, any ideas what it is called? It is chipped but still the first time I have seen a Christmas tree on a gray base. :o

Does it look sorta like this?

Muddies.jpg

These are examples of what are called "muddies" - photo from Peltiermarbles.com

in the Civil War - Confederate Graycoats had long Gray coats with sashes of red, gold, black, white - so maybe you should call it a "Confederate" -

whatever it is - since we have no photo and some collector thinks its a Peltier - it is most likely a "Rainbo", the most base and commonist name imaginable for such a fun hobby...but there you have it. With a gray base and red and green ribbons - my gosh don't call it anything but a Rainbo. You might be ostracized.

Does it look sorta like this?

Muddies.jpg

These are examples of what are called "muddies" - photo from Peltiermarbles.com

in the Civil War - Confederate Graycoats had long Gray coats with sashes of red, gold, black, white - so maybe you should call it a "Confederate" -

whatever it is - since we have no photo and some collector thinks its a Peltier - it is most likely a "Rainbo", the most base and commonist name imaginable for such a fun hobby...but there you have it. With a gray base and red and green ribbons - my gosh don't call it anything but a Rainbo. You might be ostracized.

Sorry forgot to say that the green is the same as my xmas tree marbles. Dark clear glass green.

I have had two of these. One was really beat up, the other was mint. It sold for $150 at the Columbus show. I should have taken pics of it first, because they are really tough to find. I called it a gray christmas tree. They are 6 ribbons, same exact colors as a christmas tree but the base glass is a darkish gray. On both of mine, one side was a bit darker base glass than the other side.

Craig

I have had two of these. One was really beat up, the other was mint. It sold for $150 at the Columbus show. I should have taken pics of it first, because they are really tough to find. I called it a gray christmas tree. They are 6 ribbons, same exact colors as a christmas tree but the base glass is a darkish gray. On both of mine, one side was a bit darker base glass than the other side.

Craig

I will email Sue a picture through email and see if she would be so kind to help me out again. :D

I already owe her a soda for the first kind act she did with the polishing machines. I may have to up the payment to include a bag of chips :o

SNYD

Mansion, the grey coat pictured would not be a messed up rebel, but a messed up liberty. The grey should have been blue but most likely the mix was off. Maybe they were changing going from a rebel run and changed the black to blue you get the wierd greycoat color.

John, I am suspecting that yours has the same base as the angels. Alan sold a similar one months back. Because of the green and red and angel base I call mine a christmas angel.

I will email Sue a picture through email and see if she would be so kind to help me out again.

Yikes!! I missed this, Sorry!!! Yes, absolutely!! Anytime you need pics posted send 'em on

(Don't sweat the soda or chips... My waistline doesn't need either!!! LOL)

PM me if you need the email again!! ;)

Grey based Christmas tree,, didnt take me as long to find one like i thought,, bj

CHRISTREE.jpgCHRISTREE1.jpg

This is it folks........... :cool-smileys-262: The one I just got looks just like this!! So, is it a gray coat or a "Christmas Angel"

It is chipped up a little, the guy that gave it to me makes the plates for my polish machines and wanted to see it polished. I did not want to do it if it was a rare and hard to find mib.