Texas Marble Collectors, Inc. May 1 Show

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, I wish I'd been there when you we're trying to get blood out of a turnip. Oops, I mean Steve Sturtz! I was a whizz for many years at Planned Parenthood in drawing blood as a volunteer Lab Tech. I'd have got enough from Steve to pass samples all around. Clearly we need some DNA evidence from that guy for 'crimes' committed! Hey! Couldn't help jumping in here during your Party and being a Posting Pooper. You go Texas! By the way, let us not forget Jim Ridpath, trainer of National Marble Champions and quarterly newsletter extraordinaire for many years as the 1st inductee into the National Marble Museum's Marble Hall of Fame. David Chamberlain

Can't imagine why not. It would be a nice gesture. Jim was one helluva guy. Pearl Harbor experience which he related to me in one letter. Fascinating. He loved his marble students and they wound up later visiting him much as if it was a visit to Mecca. Jim would be right at home amongst all the other recipients of the honor. David

P.S. By the way, I was ribbing Steve; no way could I pass up an opportunity like that what with my considerable experience as a volunteer in health services.

I was re-reading this post today and realized I left out some of my purchases. Don't know how I could have forgotten the Akro sparklers, but I did. I will upload them to host and then post here the "forgotten marbles". LOL

experimentals1.jpg

also bought some experimentals and Dave gave us more than we bought. These are the ones I bought. These look like the ones Dani bought for akro. In hand it is easy to see that there are white ribbons snaking around inside with clear areas between the ribbons. I've never seen an akro that fits that description. The other funny thing is that these are really new. I can't tell you which of the three runs they are, but we purchased and were given "Celebrations", "Mamie's family", and "Frankies". If you are reading, Dani, I think these match your marble and it's one of the three runs previously named. These marbles and the ones that follow are i9n the 3/4 inch range.

There's something about that Berry Pink marble and its partner with transparency as well as the variations thereunder that always gets me where I'm sensitive regarding the flow of history in marbles that so many people seems to bypass in their fixation strictly on the marbles. Thanks for bringing Berry Pink and Marble King front and center. David

I think these are the last I bought at the show. Don't know how I could have forgotten the marble on the left because we honored Berry Pink. This is a "Berry Pink".

lol. yeah, that's kinda funny that you'd forget the Berry Pink and the Sparklers! But we'll let you off the hook. You had a lot to keep track of.