Texas Marble Collectors, Inc. May 1 Show

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the background in the picture Ann I do think something went terribly wrong right at the moment the picture was taken. The background is skewed at least 25% off. There could easily have been a space warp right at that pivotal moment; maybe even a space-time warp. These matters need to be taken into serious consideration. David

We had A GREAT TIME!!! This "Groundbreaking Show" was filled with evidence of provenance by the Texas Marble Collectors, Inc. Please Do Not Miss the next one! Our heart and special Thanks goes out to pioneers Edna & Weldon Eaton, Steve Sturtz & Elizabeth Farrar; for whom we are truly gratefull for being invited to this event.

Sheryl & I witnessed just a small part of the hard work and planning it takes to put on a show of this magnitude. We send huge Mahalos (Thankyous)to Kip Maley & Lynn, Wil & Jennifer Menzies editors and creators of the quarterly publication "Flow Magazine", new friends, and generous supporters!

post-2653-127324383149_thumb.jpg

Pictured here David McCullough inductee into the "American Marble Hall of Fame" with wife Bonnie along side Edna Eaton and Steve Sturtz.

post-2653-127324612937_thumb.jpg

Found some more marbles I bought. Don't know if it's old age, or stress, or maybe I just spent too much money at the marble show. I must have bought so much I can't remember it all. I'm uploading and will post what I hope are the last marbles from the show for me.

redandgreentigereyes.jpg

And my last (I hope I've remembered everything now) lowly little marble - the red and green tigereye. I found the two on the left at this show. I've only found 9 of them in the 18 years we've been collecting. Thanks for looking at my show report.

Hi Cal!

I heard Dave say that he thought the "it's too small" excuse might work if Beri asked him why he wasn't wearing it . . .

Hi Ann! Quick thinking on his feet. Here is Dave on the torch for his fistime.

post-2653-127326615139_thumb.jpgpost-2653-127326616907_thumb.jpgpost-2653-12732661919_thumb.jpg

Wil Menzies in the background on the torch.

post-2653-12732661919_thumb.jpg

post-2653-127326620648_thumb.jpg

I'll tell you in brings tears to my eyes seeing who the recipients were of the honor bestowed on them at your show.

By the way, I love those pastels. I prefer them in the 5/8" side actually. I think they have been a bit unsung....maybe not; I haven't been getting around as mucvh as I've done previously. You can easily lose touch when it comes to marbles because so much is happening so fast and so many marbles are being recognized that did not previously have their full day in the sun.

David

We had so much fun at the Texas Marble Collectors' Club Show that it is on our circuit from now on. Everyone should give it a try. I came down from Ontario (a 29 hour drive); Cal and Sheryl drove from California. We all bunked in with Edna and Weldon the week before the show.

I loved meeting Ann - what a joyous laugh; Bobby our room mate and great conversationalist; Cal and Sheryl - unique, fun couple; Jim - wonderful 2:30 a.m. talks; Beri and Cork - second time we have spent time together and always a treat; Matt - even though he was so busy looking at marbles he still had time for a chat or two; Weldon and Edna - interesting, witty and great.

We are at the West Virginia Marble Collectors' show right now and Steve has presented Howard and Dan the American Marble Hall of Fame certificates and awards. Both were thrilled to be honored. As soon as Bill or Gail email me the photos, I'll post them here.

Elizabeth

Entering a room where Danny Grocki is in charge is like no other experience on earth. The guy is a show in himself. You may not believe this but i can be so incredibly gullible and Danny on numerous occasions had me wrapped around his finger. One of my favorite photographs is of Danny Grocki, Sammy Hogue, Ron Shepherd and Dale Simmons. Picture was taken in Sam's shop and they were all down on their knees looking at the Jabo Fall 2005 3/4" run. Photo was given to me by Mike Johnson. It deserves to be in a marble book. David

Steve and Elizabeth left Texas and drove to West Virginia for the WVMCC Show. Steve presented the American Marble Hall of Fame awards tp Howard Powell and Danny Grocki. I am told that Bruce Burkhart presented a motion that West Virginia support Texas with their American Marble Hall of Fame. Weldon says he was told that Steve Pletcher passed a hat and a sizable amount of money was given to support the American Marble Hall of Fame. Thank you to all my friends in West Virginia and especially the West Virginia Marble Collectors Club. God bless the marble collectors! Texas Marble Collectors send a big "Thank you"! We are looking forward to the next time we induct members.

can't wait for the Texas Marble Show 2011 so we can get more folks on the torch!

Raymond and Sherry Anderson.

post-2653-127334239223_thumb.jpg

Sheryl Sugita, Sherry Anderson & Edna Eaton.

post-2653-127334244039_thumb.jpg

Ann Boger, Chicago, Illinois; Steve Sturtz; Board member TMCI, Edmond, Oklahoma; Jim Musick, Donnie Van Vranken, Jerry Musick, Hardy, Arkansas, and Terry VanRyan up front row.

post-2653-127334249723_thumb.jpgpost-2653-127334580064_thumb.jpg

Elizabeth Farrar & Bonnie McCullough got on the torch and made a marble. post-2653-127334392477_thumb.jpgpost-2653-127334394437_thumb.jpgpost-2653-127334397172_thumb.jpgpost-2653-127334399921_thumb.jpg

Bonnies' Marble she made.

post-2653-127334408567_thumb.jpgpost-2653-127334410568_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I lost a full disc of Friday Night Torching, to damage on a malfunction freeze, and was unable to get the files out containing Beri and Bonnie making a marble.

Steve presented the certificates and trophies to the recipients of the American Marble Hall of Fame Awards at the friday night meeting of the West Virginia Marble Collectors' Club.post-2226-127360138895_thumb.jpgpost-2226-127360173232_thumb.jpg Both Howard Powell and Dan Grocki were not in attendance at the Texas Marble Collectors' Show, so Steve drove to West Virginia.

EDNA! You have forgotten my birthday for the last 40 years or so. Now make up for your error by sending me those super-duper Easter eggs! :rolleye-842:

LIZ: You have my e-mail addy but I don't have yours. Drop me an e-mail and I'll forward you those pics. So nice meeting you!