Akro Choc Ox? Score?

Hi,

I got this the other day, usually I dont collect Akro, so not sure why I bought it....but it looked to me to be a choc ox. It has a very dark choc brown color and when back lit is more translucent and tannish brown. Please check out the pics and give me some opinions please!

Thanks marblers

post-2120-130080088484_thumb.jpg

post-2120-130080089931_thumb.jpg

post-2120-130080090899_thumb.jpg

What the hell is a true Chocolate Oxblood? What defines it? I have seen several different types that lay claim to being a Choc Ox? Too many in fact that I just gave up caring what was what any more. Hope this thread helps clear things up for us. With tons of pics would be awesome.

opaque chocolate base, oxblood patch. Never seen one like the one bo pictured.. have also seen it in a swirly patterning. but the bottom line is, opaque base, oxblood on surface.

i'll take some pic.s in the next day or two... stay tuned? bill... that's one awesome chocolate oxblood marble!

thanks dani .. a well known lady at the k.c. show had a bag, which i believe, held 5-7 marbles, as she described them .. as akro chocolate oxbloods. but these were also of the spiral pattern. all opaque bases .. all with the oxblood striping or patch. no uv mentioned .. nor transparency. i suppose the shading of the base could differ, but all that i've encountered have the color tone of the 1's pictured. h.t.f. marble .. bill

not to beat a dead horse, but i found some cullet i have that is, i.m.o. .. akro's chocolate oxblood. thought so when i found it. although the base is lighter than my example, same-same, differant day. i do see more of the lighter bases than darker tho, as mine is. .. bill ... chocolateox001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally some time to play with marbles.

Ok so! Is the general cocencus then that a Choc Ox is: Opaque brownish, with Oxblood? Yes? No? Are there any other opinions to toss into the pot? The most popular type I have seen the name applied to are the ones that look like Blue Bloods but are edged with a brownish colour rather than blue. Don't have one so sorry no pics. It also seems that sellers like to apply the name to any Oxblood marble that has some sort of brown colour on it. All Ebay hype I have to assume now I guess.

Anyone have a pic of an opaque brown with an Ox cork? Not sure I have any drool left over after staring at marbomans hall of famer, but I'm sure I could muster some up. Did you buy that one as a Choc Ox, or was it just a score?

Thanks for all the info so far.

Did you buy that one as a Choc Ox, or was it just a score?

The picture was fuzzy and it looked more like lemonade oxblood.I was really suprised to see that it was eggyolk oxblood with chocolate!I really like this marble,I have always wanted an eggyolk oxblood and if I'm gonna have one it should be this one.Size is 11/16"and a couple more pics.Enjoy:)

post-1768-130186180732_thumb.jpg

post-1768-130186189983_thumb.jpg

post-1768-130186212656_thumb.jpg

Yes, A chocolate Oxblood since named has always been a milk Chocalate base with Oxblood patch

I totally agree.Mine is an ace based eggyolk oxblood corkscrew with chocolate or brown.Right?..big name.I like to think it's chocolate,just that area between the oxblood and the eggyolk..it's a hybrid ,I think.:)