Peltier Blue Panther Rainbo

I guess this is the NLR type you're thinking of? (But I've seen more than one person call it a Black Panther, and this has me confused.)

From a marblealan auction, posted in another thread:

th_BPanther_marblealan.jpg

Craig i can add a lot to this thread if you like and give you some thoughts and insight towards these types in my opinion and what i have found in all the years of collecting pelts. Steph had it right on on the (BLACK PANTHER) and the photo of it. I can dig really deep into this thread later if you like. Chuck G

We must do something different her on west coast. We call that marble a BLUE PANTHER. There are 3 different types. All have little to no aventurine. The black is opaque. The base color of the type that Steph shows is baby blue. The base color of another is the same as the Bruisers but seperated ribbons and black opaque. The briusers are green when backlit. The last is a shade in between the two. The ribbons start solid but then tend toward smearing. Some of this last has the zig zag pattern seen on most Pelt slags. I know of one of this type that has a distinct "9". The pic here shows the three types in first vert row. The type that Steph shows is the middle one. Is Craig's the same but rainbow pattern? Possible. Craig's looks like maybe type 2 in base color. The 3rd in the pic.

post-175-130099664056_thumb.jpg

Clyde T. is pretty much on and sometimes the names of marbles range a little different between the west coast and here in the midwest. Clydes description is right and we all should try to keep the names the same, so discussing it resolves the quandery and we say (its a blue panther). I do know that the name game is very discussable with individuals however if it is the same everywhere it should be that. Now as dealer/collector or collector/dealer we all have names for them this really helps the market for sales. Lets say i looked for ONE certain marble and have looked thru thousands of marbles to find it and spread the word how difficult is was to find and then others start looking for it and they do the same, one could say it was pretty rare then. Discussing it and sparking that interest is where the (car is driven)and gets others to look for the little orbs of art work. The blue and black peltiers are on the harder side of the field to find, especially the near mint range ones. I have seen Clydes quality pelts and what he discusses is well founded and along with that he is a great friend to. Chuck G

Thanks for those kind compliments Chuck and Craig. Is this the pic your looking for I'llhavethat? It was in the pelt thread. These are owned by another well known collector. It has 2 sky blue and 2 darker bruiser blue. I dont see the in between smeared blue in the pic. Although the collector may have one.

post-175-130110342499_thumb.jpg

They surely are. I agree. What is great that its almost impossible to have everything of one company. The collector of #14 has at least a couple that I want. I have a couple he wants. Ask any collector and you will find that is the way with everybody.

Just so I dont completely hijack the thread. Here is a xmas tree where the aventurine is so thick its like its painted on.

post-175-130119940865_thumb.jpg

post-175-13011994248_thumb.jpg

post-175-130119944043_thumb.jpg

post-175-130119945414_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

We must do something different her on west coast. We call that marble a BLUE PANTHER. There are 3 different types. All have little to no aventurine. The black is opaque. The base color of the type that Steph shows is baby blue. The base color of another is the same as the Bruisers but seperated ribbons and black opaque. The briusers are green when backlit. The last is a shade in between the two. The ribbons start solid but then tend toward smearing. Some of this last has the zig zag pattern seen on most Pelt slags. I know of one of this type that has a distinct "9". The pic here shows the three types in first vert row. The type that Steph shows is the middle one. Is Craig's the same but rainbow pattern? Possible. Craig's looks like maybe type 2 in base color. The 3rd in the pic.

Hi, what is the marble on the left side 2'nd down from the top? And I just wanted to thank everyone for their replys. I have to go so I'll finish the posts later this evening. You have some beautiful pelts! Thanks for shareing.

Sharon

Thanks for those kind compliments Chuck and Craig. Is this the pic your looking for I'llhavethat? It was in the pelt thread. These are owned by another well known collector. It has 2 sky blue and 2 darker bruiser blue. I dont see the in between smeared blue in the pic. Although the collector may have one.

Hello everyone thank you for all the wonderful photos and especially showing me what the blue panther looks like. I was wondering what the name of the marble at the top left 3'rd one over, the funny green color base with orange and brown swirls is called and if you can tell me if the one I have is Peltier or not?

Thank you very much, Sharon

post-3009-130414724121_thumb.jpgpost-3009-130414729158_thumb.jpgpost-3009-130414738645_thumb.jpgpost-3009-130414742101_thumb.jpg

need some clearer pics but that may be a Vacor

You know I had a feeling that it might be a Vacor, I don't know my marbles as well as I want too. But that is one of the reason's I am here to learn. If you want clearer pictures I will see what I can do. I have this sneacking feeling it is a Vacor. It does look simular to the one in the picture of the Plets shown. So doe's Vacor try to copy old marble makers or something? Are we aloud to ask that? Oh well, I want to know, and know what to look for.

Thanks Sharondry.gif

K, so, I've had this marble for awhile now, and this seems the best spot to show it. Is this a blue panther? and if it is; what is it worth; and if it is not, what is it? it has no marks, except the fingerprints I put on it, and no aventurine....I've been wondering what it is, it's 5/8ths. Thanks all!

post-1844-130418629905_thumb.jpg

post-1844-130418631918_thumb.jpg

post-1844-130418633991_thumb.jpg