Show A Marble That Enjoy

Killermarbles

Nola Morgan, West Virginia Marble Colllector's Club named the "Chick Peas". I had written an article about the pea family in the Texas Marble Collector's Newsletter and called them " Unnamed". West Virginia reprinted my article, Nola saw it, and told me what she thought their name should be. I agreed. Thanks for the feedback.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marboman, I think a lot of people have overlooked the lowly Vitros. I have many more. They made more patterns than any other company and used more color than any other company. I've been collecting them since 1992. Don't tell anybody how nice they are or how varied in pattern and color. Akro was my favorite until I recognized how many different marbles Vitro made.

Marboman, I think a lot of people have overlooked the lowly Vitros. I have many more. They made more patterns than any other company and used more color than any other company. I've been collecting them since 1992. Don't tell anybody how nice they are or how varied in pattern and color. Akro was my favorite until I recognized how many different marbles Vitro made.

Sissydear I agree,for many years my favorite marbles were Peltier but now have found a new passion for Vitro's and BIG slags.I recently got a group of 32 Vitro's multicolored with aventurine.I just love em.Your Sweet Peas and Black-eyed peas are some of my favorites.The Vitro colors are very vibrant just outstanding! I don't think there lowly anymore.

088-2.jpg

I like Peltiers too especially NLR's and multicolored swirls with the Miller Machine patterns.

blue2Cyellow2Cgreenclear.jpg

Weldon was the Peltier collector. These were his favorite multicolored swirls. I know there's a new name for them, but they';ll forever be for me what Weldon called them.

multicoloredswirls3.jpg

orange2Cblue2Cwhite.jpg

Some of these are very swirly

httpcommonpeltiers4.jpg

I like Champion Jrs. and Rainbos tto.

brownandyellow.jpg

championjr.jpg

commonpeltiers3.jpg

aquamarines.jpg

Vitro Agate aquamarines

blackies.jpg

Blackies

blackiesshootersandodds.jpg

blackies, last row are hybrid blackies and anti blackies

boxofshooters2.jpg

boxwithfiveeighthshelmets.jpg

Trilites, helmets

cosmicrainbows.jpg

Vitro Agate - cosmic rainbows

eightfingersandelites.jpg

Vitro Agate - Tri lites and 8 fingers

elites.jpg

Tri lites

hybridscateyes.jpg

Hybrid catseyes

parakeets.jpg

parakeets 5/8 th inch

patches2.jpg

Vitro Agate patches

strangewhities.jpg

Whities, 1 two color and 1 white on white (it looks pinkish in this photo) these are 5/8th and i actually have 2 of the white on white, but no pic.

threefourthsinchparrots.jpg

Parrots 3/4 inch

I would guess it's an Alley, tho I hardly qualify as an expert on such things. I think I recall that Alan said he would have guessed it to be an Alley too, except that the consignor had it labeled as Alox and had correctly labeled all of his/her other marbles (something like that).