Random Non-Marble Eye Candy ( :

Steph

I've been looking at reflections and shadows lately.

I know this sounds a little stupid. Kind of like a 'photography 001' course assignment.

But it's kind of fun trying to produce something halfway decent.

This shot is the corner of my bathroom wall in the late afternoon.

What you're seeing is an 'image' of the forest outside.

It's being 'projected' onto the wall because the forest is back-lit by the setting sun.

The glass of the bathroom window is acting like a 'lens'.

If you've never been to a 'snobby' gallery opening, I can assure you that because

this image is kind of confusing and sort of blurry, that it's very important that you

'ooh and ahh' a lot. If you really want to impress people, you'll also make comments

along the lines of "Dismal, yet effervescent!" :lol:

_DSC1153a1_zpsx511lnmm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice article. The lady looks much better to me than with todays green. The green colour is due to the copper oxidation, I know.

But there was an article also that gathered my attention: https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/favorite-german-words?bsc=engmag-a10-info-germanwords-tb&btp=default&utm_campaign=cd_engall_gen_cde_germanwords&utm_medium=CON&utm_source=taboola

Okay, it has some advertising background but is funny to read also.

Back to topic: I did not read all the posts but those pictures that I saw lead me to one fact - it is mother nature that gives the most beautiful pictures and constructions. Far better than what man can do ever.

Also, although I understand and agree with what you're saying, one could suggest

that we as humans are as legitimate a part of 'nature' as anything else. Anything

we've ever done is just as 'natural' as what wild animals, plants, or minerals do. ( :

Oh yes, a valid point, what we do could be considered "natural", too. We are, of course, a product of a long term evolutionary process. But nothing we produce is as perfect as what natur builds. Just look at the photographs of far away solar systems or galaxies and then look at all the shapes and colours to be found on our own planet.