Random Non-Marble Eye Candy ( :

Steph

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Geesh, I just like this Random Non-Marble Eye Candy forum/topic so much!

Whoever came up with it must be brilliant! :P

Tonight I feel like picking on Ann, because I don't always respond to all of her great posts.

I really appreciate the ongoing inner and outer space photos.

Which loosely means 'clouds' and 'who knows what' even farther away.

They're often 'graphically outrageous', which is a great thing in itself.

But I think there's even more to it.

If you're a traditionally 'religious' person, I'd say that meditating on these various shapes and

patterns that you see in 'natural phenomena' can definitely get you 'closer to God'.

If not, I'd say that you can 'energize' a large fraction of the brain, that we apparently don't

use, by the same technique. Depending upon 'responses', if any, I could expand this a little. :lol:

If you're a traditionally 'religious' person, I'd say that meditating on these various shapes and

patterns that you see in 'natural phenomena' can definitely get you 'closer to God'.

If not, I'd say that you can 'energize' a large fraction of the brain, that we apparently don't

use, by the same technique.

I'm behind Door Number Two.

Ever since my not-religious parents dragged me out of bed one night when I was about seven years old, stuffed me in the Pontiac, and roared off to the town bypass -- maybe two miles out into the eastern N.C. countryside -- jerked me out of the car, sat me on the roof, and said "LOOK!" while pointing at the sky, and I looked, and saw unimaginably huge curtains of red light rippling across the sky . . .

Well. It probably should have been terrifying, but it wasn't. It was awe-inspiring. And, as Bob suggests, I liked the way it made my brain feel. I still do.

If I had any facility for math, I would today be a retired astrophysicist. But I don't. So for decades I've relied on those people who are but can also 'splain theory to idiots like me. Theory I can follow. Words, not numbers. But NOW it's gotten a little scary. But I still try to go there regularly. Just to keep some perspective on things.

Go, Bob!

Thanks so much for the response.

I was a little worried I'd 'shut everyone up' with that post.

Every once in a while, when I do a really focused concentration on natural patterns, I

can get into a hypnotic state where the entire universe comes together and makes sense. ( :

I think my man Edward Weston felt sort of the same thing.

cabbage-leaf-1931_zpsgitgkqir.jpg

2963363809_52ec7f9ddb_o_zps3jl9plzk.jpg