Peltier Group Aventurine. Galaxy?

manddrakes

Sorry gonna do this in 2 parts. To help give my hands a not hurt as much. Because there are 3 different shades of blue and four different types of pelts to discuss the differences. The lighter baby blue in Mandrakes, a cubscout and a galaxy. Lighter to darker in that order. I'll first do mandrakes and the ones from marblemiser pic. I'll compare the cubscout and galaxy later.

For reference mandrakes will be type1 and marblemiser type2. They are very similar but the patterns are different. The pics are from the ebay that William did link. Which is same as type 2. The color of blue is the same for both of these types. A very light baby blue. The pattern is different but similar. Type1 I think was at the beginning of the run and they were ending up with the more symmetrical type 2.

type 1 in pattern has a green/yellow That looks tannish. mix. Then yellow. Then the green/yellow ribbon on one side. These ribbons are are wider than the other side of this type and also of type 2. The other side has 2 of the thinner green/yellow mix ribbons. There is also fine line green AV in the green/yellow.

Tpe 2 is the more common and the cleaner/precise pattern of 3 ribbons on each side. They are the green/yellow mix. Three ribbons of this on each side. The ribbons are thinner and more symmetrical than type 1. There are fine line green AV in this type as well, but not as prominent as Type 1. This type is the one I think peltier wanted to end up with.

post-175-0-05647800-1377210873_thumb.jpg

post-175-0-18478000-1377210896_thumb.jpg

Sorry gonna do this in 2 parts. To help give my hands a not hurt as much. Because there are 3 different shades of blue and four different types of pelts to discuss the differences. The lighter baby blue in Mandrakes, a cubscout and a galaxy. Lighter to darker in that order. I'll first do mandrakes and the ones from marblemiser pic. I'll compare the cubscout and galaxy later.

For reference mandrakes will be type1 and marblemiser type2. They are very similar but the patterns are different. The pics are from the ebay that William did link. Which is same as type 2. The color of blue is the same for both of these types. A very light baby blue. The pattern is different but similar. Type1 I think was at the beginning of the run and they were ending up with the more symmetrical type 2.

type 1 in pattern has a green/yellow That looks tannish. mix. Then yellow. Then the green/yellow ribbon on one side. These ribbons are are wider than the other side of this type and also of type 2. The other side has 2 of the thinner green/yellow mix ribbons. There is also fine line green AV in the green/yellow.

Tpe 2 is the more common and the cleaner/precise pattern of 3 ribbons on each side. They are the green/yellow mix. Three ribbons of this on each side. The ribbons are thinner and more symmetrical than type 1. There are fine line green AV in this type as well, but not as prominent as Type 1. This type is the one I think peltier wanted to end up with.

Very educational and thank you for taking the time to explain. Peltier really mixed it up for sure. Is there a name for each type? Looking forward to part2. Thanks Mike

Cubscout vs. Galaxy. The blue on the scout is generally a shade lighter than the galaxies. The yellow in the scout and galaxy however are different as well. Scouts yellow is darker, while the galaxy yellow is a bright lemon. A scout comes in different sizes as oppossed to the galaxy where the its usually 9/16"-5/8". A scout usually has a thin black non AV lines following the yellow ribbons. The galaxy very thick black AV.

There are 2 different styles of galaxies in construction. There is the precise and there is what I call the messy galaxy. I put in pics for both types. The first pic is a precision and the second is a messy galaxy. In the precision galaxy both the yellow and AV are clean and precise in their lines. They are very crisp and make the design stand out more. The precision is also the more desireable. They are VHTF. Especially in mint. The messy galaxy is where especially the AV is a mess. It spreads out and thins out. The plus side though is that usually when this happens the AV usually spreads out to the yellow and blue. The messy galaxy is the one you will see most of. The hard part of any galaxies is finding them clean. Most of the galaxies you see for sale are banged up. Prices can be all over the place.

post-175-0-28447500-1377287598_thumb.jpg

post-175-0-01099700-1377287682_thumb.jpg

post-175-0-83474000-1377287705_thumb.jpg

Yes, I guess we do. Remember who my competition is! I did those terms to describe the differences in galaxies as they were mentioned in subject title. It can apply to any company. Any type. I may have opened pandora's box though. I can just see people now using that term to describe marbles now on ebay. LOL

Very nice Clyde.

I remember reading about type's at Alan's website as well.

....from Marblealan.com

Recently, there has been an effort to further define National Line Rainbos based on their style of ribboning.
Type One National Line Rainbos will have four to six ribbons that are heavily swirled as they run from seam to seam.
Type Two National Line Rainbos will have four to six ribbons that run very straight from one seam to the other.
Type Three National Line Rainbos have four ribbons, two each of which emanate from seams set on opposite sides of the marble but perpendicular to one another ("t"-shaped).
Type Four National Line Rainbos also have four ribbons which form a "broken corkscrew" pattern as they swirl from one end of the marble to the other. Finally,
Type Five National Line Rainbos have four ribbons, two of which form patches on either pole of the marble and two of which form equatorial bands. These latter marbles are often mistaken for Marble King ("patch and ribbon") Rainbows.