Conservation Discussion

lstmmrbls

Jeeeeze. I WAS NOT PROMOTING THE PAMPHLET. I said I heard there WAS one. Do you never stop viewing things from your own self-constructed world? No wonder you so conveniently forget doing the things you so often accuse others of doing.

I don't like manipulators. It's that simple. And if you leave me an opening a truck can drive through, why yes, I'm going there. Every time. You writing that your "stirring" (and yes, in standard English, that sentence says it's your stirring, -- not Mike's) "would fly over too many heads" was a direct insult to pretty much everybody here on this board. Maybe you should "think a little more" before you write.

Naw. Not feeling like an apopogy today. I like my apologies serious.

P.S. I agree that Mike is much more clever than you.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will have to show me where I accused you of anything talked bad about you or insulted you in any way. You are correct in I had completely forgot any of the stuff that went on with that thread. Sorry for saying you were promoting it, glad you didn't \. Ann no big deal, you just keep going on feeling the way you do about me. I am not here to make sure everyone likes me. But being disrespectful and insulting is something for 6 year olds, Not adults on a Public Forum. And I was being honest when I apaologized if I ever insulted you in any way. And this just goes to show how folks interpret things differently when they are only in print. I was not insulting anyone here or anywhere else. I was simply trying to say that MIke is so clever with some of his posts that I think if myself or anyone else was even cleverer they would fly over most folks heads. I was complimenting MIke not insulting anyone else, sorry if it came off that way, it was not the intended point. Actually it would be fantastic if you just stopped directing any of your slams put downs and insults at me and I would be glad to never respond to anything you post that does not involve me..

I've heard all that blather before, Galen. Whatever. Just keep talking and talking about how it's never your fault (What? Oh, anything). Just stop whining. It's so annoying.

Oh. And you might want to keep your guard up about what you say.

Sorry Steph. All over. :fighting-163:

Oh sure Dan, jump on the Ann Wagon(LOL.) Ann, I try to give an honest opinion at all times. I do know some can't stand it but "keep my guard up", really??. I wish you were just kidding but I know that wasn't the case. I can handle myself Ann. But thanks for the kind words and guidance. And as to saying its not my fault, are you saying your immature slams and put downs directed at me are my fault. OKAY HERE YOU GO, ITS ALWAYS ALL MY FAULT.

BIG BIG EDIT I just went back and read that whole thread http://marbleconnection.com/topic/15824-new-book/?hl=%2Barnold+%2Bfiedler you are correct, I do not owe you an apology for anything I said to you in that whole thread. I was never nasty or disrespectful, but if you want to go on thinking I did and use that as an excuse to continue ridiculing me, go right ahead, I have already forgiven you.

For the record, there is a six-page thread which was broken off of that thread so that we could leave part in the main chat and send only part to the BOI/SZ.

That second thread isn't showing now and I haven't reread it recently. I know I said some harsh or at least strongly worded things in it though.

If I got personal in those 6 pages I do apologize. Sorry for going so sideways and off topic on this thread. Since the prostate cancer I have be trying to be a bit more kind and compassionate and I have gotten quite a bit more sensitive to insults and personal attacks. I have said enough here for now. Hopefully Ann realizes I do have feelings and my skin is only so thick.

I am going to post these and other conserved or reconditioned elsewhere and still am but I just had to chime in on this. I see that some people think that all you do is re-polish a marble and then your done. I beg to disagree if all it took was polishing there would be far more new looking marbles out there than there are.

I am not going to tell exactly all of the processes I do on a hand made marble that needs help but they are many, the most important in my opinion is the balancing of the outer glass prior to all of the finish stages. If this is done properly and with care you maintain all of the interior and never touch it. I think that many times you come up with the marble the maker wanted to start with but because they were in a production environment they could not take the time to make masterpieces, in reworking/conserving you have the chance of showing this masterpiece at its best.

I watched a video on youtube one time and this gentleman showed people how easy it was to redo a marble, trouble being he just popped it into a 3 head machine and let it rip, after some time in the rough grind he took it out said it needed more and put it back in, by the time he was done he had totally ruined the marble. Needless to say he thought all you had to do was make it round again ............ WRONG!!

You will notice that the onionskin I have attached was nearly worthless, I think that after my work on it, it is much more desirable. What do you think.

All my best .......... Danny

post-3509-0-02612300-1379968111_thumb.jp

post-3509-0-03542900-1379968123_thumb.jp

For the record, there is a six-page thread which was broken off of that thread so that we could leave part in the main chat and send only part to the BOI/SZ.

That second thread isn't showing now and I haven't reread it recently. I know I said some harsh or at least strongly worded things in it though.

Thanks, Steph. I couldn't find it either. That's the thread I was referring to, in which Galen was all of the things he's accusing me of being here. I appreciate your honesty and fairness, quite a bit.

If neither Steph nor I can find it any longer, I think you're safe. But you needn't doubt it. There are others here who remember it too.

You can't really make amends for it, though I appreciate the thought.