Shows Us Your Pelts

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for keeping this one going.

So many nice marbles here and in prior posts.

So I'll limit myself to asking about the larger marbles on

the top and bottom of the right-hand column of photo 1.

What would you call those, and what's the size?

My limited experience has me thinking that it's harder

to find larger marbles with nice patterns than small ones

So I really like these. ( :

Thanks for the close-ups!

Was already pretty sure I liked the marble, but now I have closure!

What I really like here is that depending on what 'face' you want to

show, the marble is completely different.

I think somewhat larger marbles like this are better suited for the

sort of 'Three Faces of Eve' effect. The extra real estate helps. ( :

Fantastic right there, Bill.

Chuck, thank you. No fear of that. I doubt one could pry it from my cold dead hands. lol Kind of reminds me of the tootsie roll colors wrapper and all. Tis what I call it to myself, Tootsie Roll. =} Although, if not mistaken, that name is already used for a different marble.

Jeep, you are welcome. I have been watching and discussing the pelts in this type of transluscent and opaquish chocolate color wheather peltier actually used this brownish in their production runs. This is another (SLEEPER) type i have been searching for now and have found some that are far on the side of VHTF of pelts. We could sit here and argue all day long and weeks if it is actually the chocolate or burnt out red color. Does it matter???? Its chocolate and is not red by the eye. The other peltheads will most likely follow me on this discussion. The boards are a great source of learning for me as well as others who may want to collect and take this hobby way into the future. We all make mistakes now and then but as i have always said (PROVE IT), with documentation or prime examples. Example: I stumbled onto a (Miller) type swirl at the Des Moines show that has a chocolate base and colors added, its a killer and exactly what the subject is about. Another example: the peltier 10W30 Motor Motor Oil is a chocolate (transluscent) base pelt also. We are all here to learn and lets keep this going forward full force. Chuck G--

post-2867-0-78605700-1381059736_thumb.jp

I had a handful of the brown base that were what many called the Muddy. They became a nice almost transparent glass when back lighted. There are several other neat translucent Pelt bases that do the same trick. I believe they were made that way, but who knows, I have been wrong before, that's for sure.

You have made a very good point and lets us discuss the "Muddy" type pelts. Now in my opinion the color for "Muddies" or direvities of that base glass is a different formula than the chocolate ones. To point this out an example of the "Chocolate Cow" and some say like you that it has the muddy base but others like it to be the chocolate base. This is a very good discussable thread that should bring in some others for opinions. I do have examples of the discussed marbles above so lets see what the others say. We all want to learn from this. The photo has one half and half with a total chocolate base or half of it. I think this is pelt but well worth discussing with others. Chuck G--

post-2867-0-59493700-1381083904_thumb.jp

I have both types of brown base and the Chocolate cow. There is certainly a difined difference between the true chocolate base. I know the Chocolate cow can range from chocolate color to a more salmon color but either way the base is closer to the Muddy although I don't think the same. Until you study one of these chocolate base marbles up close and personel it may be difficult to get the full feel for it. It is really rich and creamy for the lack of better words. It makes you want to put it in your mouth. lol

I am speaking only of the certian types of Rainbos. I have never seen the translucent that turns transparent when back lighted in a NLR marble. I do think the chocolate cows are a variety of the red-brown color. not at all like the Muddy rainbos