What Do You Know About Peltier Box Numbers?

Steph

For example, this is a Peltier No. 16. But I can't remember why I know that since I don't see it in the picture. Maybe I have a photo of another end piece somewhere. Box tops get pictured a lot. The sides not as often.

ChampionMarbles_Peltier_No16.jpg

For example, this is a Peltier No. 16. But I can't remember why I know that since I don't see it in the picture. Maybe I have a photo of another end piece somewhere. Box tops get pictured a lot. The sides not as often.

ChampionMarbles_Peltier_No16.jpg

Steph,

Possibly, you can see around corners and don't know it.

peltierNo16002_zps3dd25d83.jpg

Both corners ;)

peltierNo16003_zpsf6652209.jpg

I know the Robert W. Kellogg Co. box is setup the same way that yours seems to be. I agree - not always as advertised.

I have seen photos of the No. 33 "art deco/stained glass" box used in conjunction with the advertisements for the No. 25 art deco/stained glass box. I am guessing that the print companies assumed no one would actually count the number of marbles in the ad.

I know the Robert W. Kellogg Co. box is setup the same way that yours seems to be. I agree - not always as advertised.

I have seen photos of the No. 33 "art deco/stained glass" box used in conjunction with the advertisements for the No. 25 art deco/stained glass box. I am guessing that the print companies assumed no one would actually count the number of marbles in the ad.

Are the numbers you mention actual numbers designated by the Peltier Co. corresponding to their respective art deco boxes or are those inventory numbers of the Tracy-Wells Co., if that's the ad you're referring to?

My Peltier art deco boxes have 15, 25 and 30 marbles respectively.

Are the numbers you mention actual numbers designated by the Peltier Co. corresponding to their respective art deco boxes or are those inventory numbers of the Tracy-Wells Co., if that's the ad you're referring to?

My Peltier art deco boxes have 15, 25 and 30 marbles respectively.

I know what my gut tells me but I'll wait to answer until I can be sure. Stay tuned and I'll circle back later tonight with an answer.

Okay, I was able to double check and the box numbers are indeed numbers given by Peltier. The information I have lists a No.15, No.20, No.33, No.66 and a No.100 box.

Can we presume those numbers correspond to the Tracy-Wells Co. catalog numbers for the "Assorted Rainbo Agates, with an imitation leather bag packed with each box"?

i.e.

Peltier No. 15 = Tracy-Wells C15 -"contains 20 marbles assorted sizes"? etc. etc.

Wonder how many marbles the No.100 box contained? Must've been a big bag too.

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/18607-info-about-a-peliter-bag-national-g-rainbo-agates/?p=159816

The box numbers that I listed were from Peltier directly not a catalog. The Peltier No.15 box had five columns of 3 marbles with a bag. The No.20 box came with only the 20 marbles and no bag. The No.33 box came with 33 marbles and a bag. The No.66 box came with 66 marbles and a bag. The No.100 box contained 100 marbles with no bag.

The box numbers that I listed were from Peltier directly not a catalog. The Peltier No.15 box had five columns of 3 marbles with a bag. The No.20 box came with only the 20 marbles and no bag. The No.33 box came with 33 marbles and a bag. The No.66 box came with 66 marbles and a bag. The No.100 box contained 100 marbles with no bag.

Were the boxes marked with their respective numbers? Has any collector reported seeing any of these boxes you've described? (Other than the small jobber box of 20 marbles and the 100 count stock boxes)

• 6 years later...