Old Shooter And Wondering How To Tell One Type From Another

oooldman

When i was a kid I won the marble tournament I think it was 1955 I received a gold metal. More like gold plated lead. I had thousands of marbles in boxes, bags and every available coffee can. God only knows how many I used to kill rabbits with my trusty slingshot made out of the red rubber inner tubes. To many wives and to many moves later i came across 50 or so in a box in the garage and wanted to share. Many are well used a few are in great shape some are bigger and some are prettier but all held a place in my heart ... years ago. The GOLD metal is still hiding in the garage... somewhere. Someone suggested i come over here to learn what kind of marbles i have. most have had a well used life. Tried posting pictures but to big, when grandkids come over i will have them post pictures perhaps. Thanks Keith (oooldman)

Hi Keith. Welcome.

Love hearing from people who were good at the game. And would love to see your medal if you ever find it.

Hope your grandkids can help! Windows Paint is what I use to crop and resize pics so that they're small enough to upload. Also, if you upload them to the gallery, the gallery software will automatically resize them.

If all else fails you can email the pix to me and I can help you post them.

I know that it might be a little over kill for most posting on this forum. But the best free photo editing software is GIMP, its nearly as good as photoshop which cost around $1000 and its free.

I personally use Corel photo paint and have for years. I think once someone is over the learning curve any of the more powerful photo editing software is a blessing from above and they are not just for posting things on forums. I do all of my advertising and internet work with this type software and know that its pretty straight forward to make a large image small enough to work on this forum. I go to a bead forum that only allows images less than 176k and find it no problem making large images less than this size.

I just took about two minutes to resize this 2.63 MB image down to 208k. It is an image of the front of our room at this years Tucson show. Please take the time to check GIMP out if you are serious about having best quality images on the web.

All my best ............ Danny

post-3509-0-42581000-1393805537_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

When i was a kid I won the marble tournament I think it was 1955 I received a gold metal. More like gold plated lead. I had thousands of marbles in boxes, bags and every available coffee can. God only knows how many I used to kill rabbits with my trusty slingshot made out of the red rubber inner tubes. To many wives and to many moves later i came across 50 or so in a box in the garage and wanted to share. Many are well used a few are in great shape some are bigger and some are prettier but all held a place in my heart ... years ago. The GOLD metal is still hiding in the garage... somewhere. Someone suggested i come over here to learn what kind of marbles i have. most have had a well used life. Tried posting pictures but to big, when grandkids come over i will have them post pictures perhaps. Thanks Keith (oooldman)

Just use MS Paint and crop :)

big is fine, trust me.

I post 5meg photos, 2560x1920

It makes it easier for ID and assessing damage as well as seeing anomalies

Just a personal fav :0

I also do not use the upload feature

i simple use the image code tag after uploading my images to my google + account with Picasa

So, when I post an image I do [ them type in IMG then another bracket. I cannot show you how to do it directly unless the website allows code feature which I will try now

The way I direct paste is host my image then use img code so I do [img]http://and my url [/img]. sO TO POST coins I have, I go to the image online, right click on it, select COPY URL. Then do the following [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6Nwe9aaWMTM/UyjWiudX7kI/AAAAAAAAGV4/z0bZhkJnmnc/w1153-h865-no/DSC07873.JPG[/img] and below this code bar I will do it normally, to show you, without the code command 

DSC07873.JPG