Cac Electric Slag Theory

BuckEye

Here is a question of theory.  In my cullet pieces I found this slag fragment.  It has a line of electric yellow.  Now electric yellow slags are a transparent electric base with white. This is an opaque streamer, which means is not a blend of two colors of slags (purple and yellow) accidentally....or is it?  I have been collecting these multicolored slags for sometime now.  If it's an error, how many more were made during a run 5-10?  Or was it intentional? What if I told you I have two more whole ones? Would that change your answer?  Any opinions are welcome

Craig

post-2120-0-75835900-1394159868_thumb.jp

post-2120-0-06932500-1394159877_thumb.jp

post-2120-0-61083900-1394159886_thumb.jp

post-2120-0-81008300-1394159899_thumb.jp

post-2120-0-59621100-1394159914_thumb.jp

They made many color marbles. I believe it would be very easy for remnants of previously used colors to show up at a later time. And at times I can easily imagine a large amount of any color previously used showing up as the tanks are not scrubbed clean. I hazard to say the marble you show may be a acceptable accident?

My theory is that all they are doing is switching one color to do the next run. So what you are seeing is the begin or end of a run causing this type of lovely mistake. As example for a pelt k&m you have white base with red/yellow ribbons. All they needed doing was to switch the yellow with either green (xmas tree) or blue (liberty). This saves them time and money. they can do slags same way. That is the result you are seeing.

I understand and agree with both of your points. I have accident slags where it's amber with blue or green mixed in. I also have blue with red, amber with ice blue, heck I have a blue and green pelt slag. But cac didn't use the opaque electric yellow like that in slags. The electric yellow slags have a transparent yellow base with white, this is opaque. I guess what I am getting at is, since it obviously is a contaminant, it must have been after a striped trans or opaque run. Don't you think it's odd that I have two of them and a broken piece?? Ifs it's a contaminant from a previous run, why aren't there more colors mixed in one, both or the broken piece on the interior. Besides coincidence lol

It might also be a very distant cousin to that sub I traded you. It could also be they were trying something new that didn't come out like they wanted. Hence, the reason for trash heap. Except for a few survivors. I brought a cac slag like yours to canton to show you. Only my slag is amber with the opaque yellow. Maybe they were precursors for the subs. The plot is getting electric.

its hard for us collectors to imagine they threw out marbles and such. I work for Humana which is across the street from the University of Louisville's cressman center, they have 4 glory holes or furnaces. I walk past the windows every day and see hot girls working the glass. They set rejects or samples of glass on the window ledges.It's amazing... I think I am going to reach into the open window soon and hand them a sulphide and an onionskin that I have which is big and polished. Let them have it as a gift and example.