The Show Off Your Jabos & D M's And No One Say Anything Negative Thread!

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I'm more comfortable taking photos, it's time to show my DAS's some love again.   I keep coming back to this particular run, don't I.  But I'll post some others as I pack them away for the move. 

July 28, 2014

DAS_2014_07_28_003_1200_zpsn0gmu2u4.jpg

DAS_2014_07_28_008_1200_zpss1kngxek.jpg

• Like 1

I knew of a couple of experiments that weren't very successful.  I don't know if there is any true "success" yet as even this marble has a fracture.  If I didn't just say it, you wouldn't have known.  I didn't know these were made either until it popped up on ebay a few days ago.  Maybe Dare or Rick or somebody else who knows about it can shed some light if he/she reads this and knows of them.

I was informed that this marble was a result of tool testing for a future JABO sulfide run.  It is not so easy to hold a tool in the stream without pulling glass away I was told.  That is what I imagined.  Thank goodness for experimentation and thank goodness multiple people at multiple locations are still making machine mades in America.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two more runs of DAS's already to photograph.  The Ed and M run and the Thanksgiving run.  But we're in the middle of this endless move and I have to set up my camera again and figure all that out on the new computer.  

In the meantime, I just ran across this -- this might be THE lawnchair of the Lawn Chair Run from 2009.  

2009_Jabo_Lawnchair_1200_zps8sdf0mlo.jpg

• Like 1

The DAS Christmas marbles are _very_ Christmassy ... green and red and gold ... but no pictures ... the move is really really REALLY real now.  We're taking the cats over to the new place tonight.  So I have to figure out how to use the camera and upload pictures on the new computer.

Maybe someone else can post some pictures.  They are really sweet.