Steph

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hope it cooled down for you,  I was in 106 (109 two 1/2 weeks ago)weather one day last week 20 miles away driving home to over 90.  I am looking at the Thermometer right now at 11:05 and it is 65.7 degrees outside.  Much better. And it is only 56 right now in San Fran. just a bit further west. I think Mike is even going to stay cool today. Not even 75 yet in Sacramento 

Oh gosh, I'm not even sure it was in the 80's when I was whining that day ... might have been ... but when I checked online the  reading wasn't I was picturing ... which now makes me  scared about how I'm going to take it next weekend when we hit the 90's.  

It's just that we don't have AC.

So *whine*.

It's been much better here the last few days. I don't think we even hit 90 today, but a week ago we had three days at 107 with no breeze, and that don't work. I have a fan in two rooms, never had an air conditioner...

It's not that bad, I've been here all my life, and the heat doesn't bother me, but I can't handle cold.  Luckily, it doesn't get much below 28 here in the winter, and we get about 1/4" of snow  once every fifty years, or so...

( I think Phoenix is where the real hot is...)

I wish he did.  The first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.  Now worth gazillions of dollars as a stallion.  $200,000 per one-night stand, per mare.  Unless your first look at him is when he's covered in mud because he's been having a wonderful time rolling around in his pasture.  Then maybe not so much.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care about Alec Baldwin!

..... I just yelled that as I stomped out of the livingroom when PBS NewsHour started a story about him ....

As I was finishing my sentence, I rounded the corner to the bedroom, and on the bed kitty cat Joe is urgently blinking at me ... which I realize is him trying to calm me down ... so I blink back at him for awhile ... and we both seem calmer. 

This is a fun thought in a 'macro' sort of way.
But while we're here I'm thinking we ought to also go 'micro' and
ask ourselves "What in the world is cute about a bug's ear?"
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/as-cute-as-a-bugs-ear.html
(This is kind of interesting if you have a little nerd in you like me)

bugbaby_zpsptkcsonu.jpg