• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

P.M. to Steph

Hey Steph!  
        Thanks for showing me how to get the private messages working with this new forum format.
I know you wouldn't want this one to show up where everyone could see it!  
         Although really I don't think the silly plumbing story is necessary, and I doubt anyone at TMC would give
you any grief about taking off for a day or two to attend your annual Bunnypeople convention or whatever you call it.
         Here's the shot we took before you left.  I think it turned out pretty well!  :D bunsteph_zpsrunse5cq.jpg

Nice outfit, Steph.

The Chicago Air & Water Show is this weekend so all afternoon the Air Force Thunderbirds have been buzzing downtown (even lower than the top of the Sears Tower, that we're now supposed to call the Willis Tower) and the lakefront.  WHEE!

Weird name coincidence ... my Great Uncle Charlie Sears helped design the Sears Tower.  No relation!  And Charlie's brother was named Willis.  Willis Sears. 

Little ol' 7-year-old me in Corpus Christi, TX knew about that Sears Tower going up in Chicago because of that one time Uncle Charlie came down to see us.  We ate at a Chinese restaurant that evening. 

A 'uge UK company called Willis bought "naming rights" to the Sears Tower when they moved their USA offices in.  Willis Tower.  Sure.  Right.

Steph, that's weird . . . "my Great Uncle Charlie Sears helped design the Sears Tower.  No relation!  And Charlie's brother was named Willis.  Willis Sears."

My backyard birds and I have each other trained. 

They have me frisbee-ing bread out to them at 8 in the morning, and this morning they flew down to it promptly and they stuck around to eat even when I clicked the window screen shut.  (When we started this feeding ritual, that particular noise used to make them disperse briefly.)  

• 3 weeks later...

I went out to trim the bushes and vines in the rain.

I love the rain. 

Trimming the vines is just sort of a way to dance in the rain without anyone knowing I'm dancing. 

But I'm not too afraid of anyone seeing me.  In our last rain I went out into the road and splashed in the puddles. :)

• 2 weeks later...

On facebook I am using the Pirate English setting.

It's fun.  Also confusing.  I can't always translate what they're suggesting that I do, so I may send a PM when I mean to post on the wall.

But mostly it's fun. 

Simple pleasures.