• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh man, Ric.

This could get 'heated' now!

Sharp cheddar is without a doubt one of the finest things in life. :P

(Please note the less-often utilized 'salivating' meaning of the 'dual-purpose' smiley!)

But if people start getting into things like the relative merits of New York, Wisconsin, and Vermont,

not to mention appropriate serving temperatures and accompanying beverages, well.....

All heck could break loose! ( :

Oregon!

Wouldn't have thought of that, and now I won't be happy until I try some!

I looked your people up, and this is the one I'd want to try first.

https://www.tillamook.com/products/cheese/special-reserve-extra-sharp-cheddar.html

To follow up on a couple of points I mentioned before, I'd personally (and humbly!)

want to try it at 'summertime room-temperature' and have some bold and 'bone-dry'

red wine with it. I don't drink wine otherwise, but it's perfect with cheddar. And also

with eggs. Skip the champagne or mimosa with brunch. Dry red wine is the

ultimate accompaniment to your omelette. ( :

(edit) Whoops. There are also some great beers to have with cheddar.

I don't know anything about dolls. But I can see she's spectacular!

I was a little thrown by the bunny feet too. But felt better about them when I thought

of the little girl as a representation of a 'real person' and the bunny-suited baby as

a doll belonging to her. It's a doll of a doll, so it doesn't have to make perfect sense.

No doubt the black pepper cheddar would be incredible.

I'm wondering, though, if the pepper 'accent' might require a slightly

different 'ultimate beverage accompaniment'.

Nuts! This will require much painful research!

I was going to say "Don't be silly! There's no wine at Dairy Queen!"

But then I looked up what a 'Buster Bar' is.

The idea of a semi-traditional ice cream bar done with 'soft-serve'

is neat. I won't be happy until I try one. ( :

Elbow still hurts.

Hubby says I should go to a doctor, but I'm wondering what the point would be.

What can a doctor do for an elbow?

Nothing.

In two separate instances some years apart I have managed to crack first one, then the other elbow, although only one had an actual separate sliver break off.

It hurts for a while, then it stops hurting.

Then comes the first time you forget and lean your elbow on something. It's OK to scream. People with cracked elbows do that for a while.

My last episode was two years ago. I can lean on that elbow now without thinking about it much.

My sympathies.

Some of the times it hurts the most are when I'm trying to sleep. But now I use a pillow to cushion it. And hubby doesn't tease me anymore about giving him too little room (I was letting that arm dangle off the bed sometimes to give him -- and the cat -- more room). But now my arm is important enough to take up bed space, so hopefully the waiting won't be so bad.

I had wondered if it was the dangling which had injured it, but I recently planted it in a door jamb at just the perfect angle to remind me of other times I did so, and it hurt so bad. I'm guessing it was one of the door jamb incidents which did it in.

I'm guessing it was one of the door jamb incidents which did it in.

I wouldn't be surprised. I find bruises on my arms regularly from such surprise collisions with architectural features.

I once gouged open my thigh (blood and all) on the corner of my desk's typing table, which I'd walked by, oh, maybe 896 thousand times . . . .

I like it!

Had to come back to it a couple times and continue to think

before the brain was on all cylinders and appreciated how deep this is.

And it's pretty wild to realize that with so many things we're doing the

exact same thing right now! ( :

Flower time-lapses are awesome. A whole field would be cool. No fields of flowers around here. But I do love walking about this time of year. it's nice to look out over mowed hay, and drying bean and corn fields.