How Is The Weather Where You Live Today?

pedidoll

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi, we got something you might call a blizzard this noon. It's quite uncommon to have such weather here. A thunderstorm with heavy snowing. Just 15 minutes brought 1" into our snowfree German countryside. No wonder the school bus didn't run this noon. But meanwhile everything is melting away and the roads have been free again since hours.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a 50° difference between today and a week ago!!!

Screenshot_20180111-133601_zpscb7hqr3d.p

Last week... a low of negative 2!!

Screenshot_20180111-133548_zpsu9jt0cpj.p

Though I think it gets colder again tonight... weather report is saying snow tonight. Just after all the snow was finally melted from my driveway!

We stayed at around 6 inches while the rest of the country got dumped on.  Then got up to about 40 with gentle rain and was able to see most of our yard.  Just a little snow left.  

Now this.   This is from overnight and it's still coming.  Don't think it's supposed to let up until tomorrow.  

22cff82167ae2014b35b2b29c280b148.jpg

Holy cow, Steph!!! 😨 That's no fun... I've been under a "winter weather advisory" all day, and it's been snowing all day, but only lightly! No more than 3"! The amount of snow you got there would completely trap me for days. Plows don't hit my road (right here in town!) until about 3 days after the snow stops. They hit the road just 1 block north of me immediately, though -- but I wouldn't be able to get there LOL! My car wouldn't go anywhere in THAT! Goodness gracious. 😨😨😨

I think I'm onto something, here... 🤔

I had 2 new CAC 🔥flames🔥 arrive in the mail yesterday. 

I've had high temps of below freezing for the last solid week.

And now this...

Screenshot_20180119-062439_zpsowiqx0hj.j

🔥🔥🔥 It's a HEAT WAVE!!! 🔥🔥🔥

APPARENTLY, I just need to have CAC flames shipped to me whenever I want the snow to melt for a few days!!! 😂😂😂 The flames are melting this snow away, yeehaaaw!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a minor snowmageddon today. More on the way Sat & Sun, another 1-3 inches expected. City closed down all city-run businesses at 3pm.

My car was completely clear yesterday. 

20180209_180401_zps3kitrrqd.jpg

20180209_180416_zpscgcl6db7.jpg

20180209_180457_zps3ddquyrv.jpg

Truck still out of commission, and blocking the garage to boot... hey I just remembered my garage door gave me issues about a month ago, and refused to close when I pushed the button. So it's unhooked right now anyway! Something else to fix...

20180209_180740_zpsfs0ziybf.jpg

20180209_180623_zpslwnmnp8k.jpg

20180209_180653_zps521fpdwj.jpg

Wonder how long it'll be before my road gets plowed... there's no way I could make it down this in my car LOL. I'm effectively trapped at home for now. 

20180209_180541_zpsbaullup9.jpg

20180209_180545_zpsgowek2ur.jpg

I think I'm biased (unfavorably), because I'm stuck in it LOL, but I am just not seeing the pretty right now. 😂😂😂

Couple more inches... it's hidden one more spoke on my wheels. 

Yesterday (top) vs Today (bottom) 

20180210_162316_zpskbrdjjlt.jpg

The plow did finally get to my street. Now I have a burm to bust through before I can leave. 

20180210_131000_zpstxuein1o.jpg

20180210_130953_zpsikgsxvoh.jpg

Man that snow from the plow going threw flew pretty far!!! Splashed up and covered the sidewalk some. 

20180210_132709_zps1owadzvs.jpg

I'll bundle up tomorrow and start digging myself out... *sigh* "yaaaay"... I hate this part, LOL. If I could go all winter without having to shovel, winter would be much more tolerable. :lol2: But looks like it won't be melting at all until Wednesday, and I have a Dr appt Monday evening. Gotta shovel! Man this is gonna kill my wrists/hands/fingers... which is what I'm on restrictions and off work for (and what the Dr appt is for), I probably shouldn't be doing it at all...!

:o - but checking out wikipedia on the climate of MI I think it is not so unusual for this area?

The state averages from 30–40 inches (76–102 cm) of precipitation annually, however some areas in the northern lower peninsula and the upper peninsula average almost 160" of snowfall per year.