How Is The Weather Where You Live Today?

pedidoll

Hi Steph around 55f is a cold wintery day here the forecast would read something like showers risk of a thunder storm possible hail max temp 15 degrees 25 to 35 knots reaching 40 to 50 knots in thunder storms

fine days in the winter can get up in the 60s f

spring on the cold clear mornings get a bit of ice on the car windscreen

:)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Darla, I don't know the actual weather facts, but I think your snow is heading my way tonight.

(Maybe Steph will say if she saw it passing by her.)

I just finished semi-covering my truck, and want to mention something for other people who

don't have a car port or garage. (This does not apply to 'godown', who can stop reading now.) :lol:

A tarp and bungee cords can be a worthwhile investment!

The tarp only needs to be big enough that you put it on your roof and it hangs down enough

to cover all your glass. If you go bigger it'll be more expensive and harder to slide off your car.

It's a real pleasure to not have to chip ice off your windshield in the morning, and when you

pull the tarp off on a freezing 6:00 A.M. it makes you feel like a really smart son of a so and so. ( :

I just realized that it would be a good idea to add a little 'old fart' wisdom to my last post.

Hey! You young people! The greatest gift I can give to you is to get you to believe that

listening to what old people have to say is going to help you more than you can know!

They've 'been around'! It only makes sense, doesn't it?

Okay. So here goes.

If you drink beer in Australia you'll never want to drink an American beer again.

Also, bungee cords are way more dangerous than they appear!

You should probably wear protective eye-wear every time you use them.

But since you're not likely to do that, I can only tell you that you should

never stretch them too tightly. And there's no reason to do so while trying to

protect your vehicle from cold weather anyway.

Well whatta ya know woke up to the sound of a tiny bit of drizzle falling on the tin roof here this morning with a forecast of 20% chance of a morning shower and or thunderstorm !! over 100 days since ive had any rain on the roof here hope i get 10 mils, but i'm doubtful estimated temp 32 0r in the US measure 89f

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom Bob

I will be sure to remember to wear sun glasses if i ever decided to jump of a perfectly safe structure with a bunch of oversized rubber bands tied to me ankles ^_^