How Is The Weather Where You Live Today?

pedidoll

Nice little rain today,,,which I am thankful for...the flowering trees in the area were the prettiest I have ever seen them...now for the part where I will whine,,,it has been such a weird spring,,,and winter for that matter,,I lost all but one of my rose bushes,,many of my iris,,,very few plants are volunteering from seed.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about our 70's.

And I don't, not for me.

But we have a sick kitty and no air conditioning. So I hope it doesn't get much higher than that any time soon.

Hope the kitty cat is doing okay Steph ^_^

Well, it's 89 degrees right now, with a high of 98 today, seems like a good day to stay inside B) got a poker tournament to play in today.

Here's my Teacup Rose and my long stem Roses

post-78-0-61526600-1434209236_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-58159000-1434209261_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The internet claims our high today was/will be 83 ... while it shows that our current temp is 85 ... and I looked out the window and saw 89 a little earlier ... and that was after the hottest part of the day.

And have I mentioned yet too many times that we have no A/C? :P

*pant pant pant*

But we do have two floor fans we can drag around to whatever room we're in. Maybe put them in succession, so the first fan can cool the air off a little and the second can cool it off a little more.

But we do have two floor fans we can drag around to whatever room we're in. Maybe put them in succession, so the first fan can cool the air off a little and the second can cool it off a little more.

Put a bowl of ice cubes in front of the fan. It actually helps.

A Southerner

Ha! Several interesting posts here!

I like the successive fan idea. Has a 'vortex tube' ring to it.

Space between the fans allows the expelled air from the first to lose

heat in an upward direction before being further expelled from the second! :rolleyes:

Sclsu, why don't you go... oh never mind. :)

And Ann. Hee-hee!

It's Friday night, and there may be a small possibility that the

lemonade I'm drinking has been sitting around a while and slightly 'turned'.

So in at least 48 states, I'm not legally responsible for starting any 'trouble'.

But you know, everyone, I'm just not completely sure that if went back in time

a little bit that we might not find that Illinois Ann's claim to 'Southerninity'

(Real word! I'm sure!) might not stack up against Wisconsin Steph's 'claim to same'!

How will we decide this?! Cat fight? Jerry Springer? BOTH?!!

(For those just tuning in... There's a lot of love and respect going on in our discussion group here. I'm just being silly for the fun of it!)

32721534762674455ZMDtzVQPc_zpsetfpwwcg.j

Thanks for apparently not being irritated by my 'picking on you' a little in this discussion. ( :

You know, your comment gave me a 'flashback' from long ago.

I remembered being on a short vacation in Florida with my dad.

The trip was for the purpose of visiting his parents.

I think I was a snooty little bleep at the time and called them 'grandmother' and 'grandfather'.

Like to think they loved me nevertheless.

We had a rental car that I think was a '69 or '70 'Cougar'.

I thought it was the most amazing and beautiful machine that I'd ever seen.

'Normal' people didn't own a car in New York City.

And the idea of 'speed limit' signs that actually said '70 MPH' was just ridiculous.

But here we were actually achieving that speed on those crazy long roads in this wonderful vehicle.

At some point he told me that when you go into the 'Southern' states, it's actually 'the law' that

all rental vehicles have air conditioning. I was very impressed that he actually 'knew' stuff like

this, and figured that he must be one of the smartest guys in the world.

Don't really know where I'm going with this. I guess the best thing to say is that I think all parents

should make a point of 'being there' when they can, even if their time is limited.

And pass on any knowledge they happen to think of at the time, even if it doesn't seem like much. :)

I feel the need to defend my claim to Southerninity. Should be a word, even if it's not.

Born & raised in eastern N.C. with as much water around as land, Blackbeard tales, and the Outer Banks a Sunday afternoon drive away. Clumps of college years and drifting in Florida (Tallahassee, Delray Beach, Islamorada, Jacksonville Beach).

We got our first air conditioner when I was in high school when the parents put in central heating & cooling. Before then we had a roaring exhaust fan upstairs that sucked all the hot air out, aided in the daytime by a system of awnings and blinds and shade from the pecan trees in the yard.

I have simply, as a good friend recently put it, "Been trapped behind Union Lines since 1980."

I was born in Oklahoma, learned to talk in Texas, lived in Missouri, Maryland, North Carolina, Louisiana, before starting first grade in New Mexico. Then for second grade it was back to Texas, and then to Alabama and Kentucky and back to Alabama. Then moved to Oklahoma the day I graduated from high school. Then I went to Utah for a year-and-a-half, and then back to Oklahoma for 20 years before I moved up here to Wisconsin.

One time I was talking with my father about all the places we'd lived and he said, "it's not that many -- I can still name the addresses". So he was reeling off the addresses while I counted the places on my fingers. I was up to 12 fingers when he got us back to Texas and I said, "um, Dad, I was 7 then" ... and I was able to take it from there.

But I kinda squashed his "we didn't move all that much" claim.

Ha! Thank you both for playing along! :)

I've come to realize over the many years since my last post

that 'Southerninity' is a 'state of mind' which really can't be measured

by wheres and whens and how longs. ( :