New Member, Old Collection 9

sarab

No, they don't bring much, it's just one I would have plucked out because it's old, and worth more than a dime marble like a lot of them in the pic. It might be worth a couple dollars. That red/white/blue one almost out of the pic in the right corner, is that one of the popeyes in the other pics?

Hi Sara welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of Marbles :)

The " as made " on your Transitional is not all that uncommon i have at least one here with the identical mark and have seen several other posted to forums over the last year or so , Incidentally the term transitional basically refers to the time period when marble making was transforming from handmade to machine made.

They are quite easily identifiable when you get a feel for them often the coloured glass will be bunched up with a little indented line in the glass as per your second picture i think you may find you have several more in your slag collection

Happy collecting Craig

A pleasure Sara

Here is a link to transitionals by a knowledgeable gent by the name of Roger I don't mind telling you i reckon he has forgotten more than i know about the subject :D this page was a real help to me when i first started to try and identify my finds :)

http://members.kingston.net/browse/transpics/trans2.html

• 2 weeks later...