Slags / Transitionals

godown

Have had this little guy ( 37/64 ) for some time and was going to add some pictures to the peewee thread bought some calipers and new globes to take some pictures only to find its to big to be a peewee :blink: LOL

Not sure it can be nailed down to a maker or place of origin but any thoughts appreciated

P1180006_zpsb612328e.jpg

P1180003_zpsc84ddb8e.jpg

P1180004_zps4806ec30.jpg

Thanks craig

Thanks very much all, i didn't know the little one`s weren't a common find although i've found more larger one`s in my travels

i have a small handful of different colours i will show all around the same size i know i don't have any slags as small as that nice little amber

:)

Okay hopefully i can pick up a few more different ones :)

Another of my little green ones just under 15mm ive had this as a " Transitional " but while getting pictures i see what appears to be another cut line at the tail

P1190023_zps8d3a3895.jpg

P1190018_zps30d85c84.jpg

P1190013_zps10d88012.jpg

P1190016_zps3b9fa9ca.jpg

Nice Winnie

Thanks guys My wife picked up a couple storage boxes for me and i've got the first one in my Cac box :)

P1220020_zpsqsaaeibw.jpg

Ya gotta start some were :blush:

Funny what you pick up with the Cameras Macro setting as i hadn't noticed what i thought looked like a cut line in hand now after much pondering and winnie`s confirmation of my conclusion i believe it could be the cold roll asmade was slightly raised or proud and with the play wear its just probably a ruff line :lol: Live and learn ay

Ive got a few more i was thinking of showing that are not green so i was thinking i might change the topic title to Slags / Transitionals and any ones who`s keen can put up some pics

Great pics. I didn't know transitionals (of any pontil type)were associated with the confetti and lightning strikes . . . interesting. Any more info on the dump site? I remember Alan B. saying he thought the confettis and lightning strikes were Chinese, or at least were found in China, but I didn't have enough sense at the time to ask him what he knew about their find spot - - -

Great pics. I didn't know transitionals (of any pontil type)were associated with the confetti and lightning strikes . . . interesting. Any more info on the dump site? I remember Alan B. saying he thought the confettis and lightning strikes were Chinese, or at least were found in China, but I didn't have enough sense at the time to ask him what he knew about their find spot - - -

Can't remember much about the dumpsite. I think that someone did some digging and then it was a middle man also in China who brokered the sales. I got the impression that it was a general dumpsite, not one connected with a glass house. Or at least no confirmation one way or the other about the nature of the dumpsite.

^^ vague memory