Little Stumped

1Alleynut

These came in a Vintage/ Antique lot a few years back interesting and deep little mibs they are, heavily filamentous on the interior a little pink, tan, and touch of gray on an off clear/ cream soda type base, 5/8ths on the left 9/16ths on the right , I've heard some interesting opinions from collectors in the past that include Cac, Ravenswood, Champion and Alley, hope the photos are good enough, note the construction closely, It was a great lot of Marbles I bought from an Eldery woman who works at a Local Antique store, she kept telling me about the marbles for about 4 years until she finally found them, about 1200 marbles in the lot, not a single MK or catseye to be found which would give a small clue to the age, Love to hear some opinions :icon_popcorn: DB.

post-3519-0-42543100-1422217354_thumb.jp

post-3519-0-72796000-1422217371_thumb.jp

I really didn't have a clue on these either Steph, Mr Chamberlein a few years ago went kinda deep on why CAC and I would tend to agree with his assesment of the construction and just went with it, otherwise I dont have any more nor have I seen any others similar to them to compare to.DB.

I didn't know it was CAC, but I felt it more than the others because of the crystal clear, the straight cut lines on the ribbons, and the "thorn" on the ribbon at 4:00 or so in the last picture on the left marble. That and the swirl pattern seemed more like CAC. I got lucky and guessed right.

The ribbons do not look like any CAC I have ever seen, The ribbons on CAC transparent and opaque based are usually very solid in form. Not the wispy thinned out and broken up stream that we see in those. I would guess them as anything but CAC. I also do not see the very tiny bubbles that are also usually seen in their transparent swirls. Here are some from boxes and dug from Brian G collection. They are good looking marbles for sure!

7791525.jpg

dugtransp.jpg

They did have some wonderfully clear and bubble free glass. I often describe it as like colored water. It just is not often found in their transparent based white streamed swirls. Slags yes, multi colored swirls yes, 2 seam marbles yes. the white stream being very solid is also important in ID IMO..