Champion Bag And Lucky Boy Box Contents

jkbemdavis

Hi All,

It has been a long time since I posted, however a recent purchase has me turning to all of your expertise with questions. I just acquired a Champion Glass Marbles net bag. It has a divided center, with one side that was empty while the other had Peltier multi-color swirls. There was also a Luck Boy Box with 15 empty slots and the No. 15 on the front. Prior to my obtaining these marbles, an antique dealer had picked up the marbles and set them back down as a group. My questions is.... do you know which marbles would have gone in which package? The group had Peerless patches, multi-color swirls, and slags for the most part.

Thanks,
John

post-1543-0-41717700-1422220010_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-22698900-1422220045_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-62577000-1422220059_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-35642400-1422220074_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-10395700-1422220088_thumb.jp

Dave and Steph... thanks to both of you for your thoughts. I was feeling the same way as far as the contents of the champion box containing feathered slags. There were not 15 in the group....leading me to believe that some were lost or destroyed though the years. The bag also got my interest due to the variety in the group. Most of these marbles were in really nice condition, which surprised me a bit because a group of handmade marbles from the same individual had many more marbles that were rather damaged.

• Okay... so now the fun really begins. These marbles were all a part of the group that I got...so I'll assume that my placement is correct. 15 total marbles would suggest 3 each of 5 different colors. The confusing part is that the woman I got them from mentioned remembering a shooter or shooters either with the box or the bag. Also, I have included a pic of the end of the box showing the original place or sale as being M Gropper & Sons, in New York City.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

John

post-1543-0-93537300-1422232012_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-58457600-1422232027_thumb.jp

Steph,

Thanks so much for the quick links and pics. I love that the web and other collectors knowledge can so quickly give and idea of what something is. Frankly, at first I didn't even know that these were Peltier items. The name had me in my naivity thinking Champion.

Steph,

Thanks so much for the quick links and pics. I love that the web and other collectors knowledge can so quickly give and idea of what something is. Frankly, at first I didn't even know that these were Peltier items. The name had me in my naivity thinking Champion.

:)

Yes, Champion was on Peltier packaging years before the Champion Agate Company was born and they still continued to use it later 'coz we see it on plastic bags. :)

Ugh... those are fabulous pics of the No. 18 and 21 boxes. That suggests that mine possibly could have had NLR's, or multi-colored swirls inside as well. So the lady I got these from said there were 2 more "boxes" of marbles. She suggested that her son likely had them, and may have allowed his kids to play with them because he isn't sure where they are at the moment. Given the fact that I currently have what I have, I'm assuming that my box was probably full of either the feathered slags or multi-colored swirls. For collectors and value sake, would it make sense to fill it with one or the other, or keep it empty since I'm not positive what was there.

Two more boxes possibly being in the picture does complicate things.

However, with so many slags contained in your lot, I think it's a reasonable bet that your box contained slags. You can always keep your two pieces together with photos and explanations and then sort the marbles however you find appealing.

• 3 weeks later...