Agates

kbobam

I find this one very very tempting . . . Ebay item # 381178671293 a larger stunning example. DB.

OMG. :o

That is nice.

Yes, tempting. Now I wish I could unsee it. Thanks, a lot, Dave!

(just when I thought I was "over" agates!)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since I'm sulking, having ordered myself to ignore that amazing agate on ebay, I take consolation in the only other contemporary (Botswana) agate I have, also made by Matthew DeGraffenried . . . trying to convince myself that they should be enough for anyone, really . . .

post-2163-0-85200100-1426713031_thumb.jp

Not sure if they used a machine on these ones. Looks like they were rounded on a rock down by the river.

Yours are made of Malachite, and yes they look rather crudely formed, looks like someone was practiceing, a very soft material, and the dust is Very Toxic, DB.

The Purple Fluorite and Lemonade Onyx are very striking in their subtle sort of way.

Do either of these get excited under ultraviolet light? Of course for the one marble it's

the green color that's making me wonder. And although I wouldn't have suspected the

purple one, something about that word 'fluorite' has me curious.

I'm still looking for a high-contrast vintage green bullseye shooter. I lose sleep at night knowing my agate collection is incomplete. ;)

They are few and far between.

I had one about 20 years ago. A collector offered me $200. I thought he had more $$ than sense, a fool-and-his-money, etc.etc and sold it. My mistake. Never seen another since, and I've been looking.

They are few and far between.

I had one about 20 tears ago. A collector offered me $200. I thought he had more $$ than sense, a fool-and-his-money, etc.etc and sold it. Never seen another since, and I've been looking.

Yikes, hearing that from you has me worried. I may need to content myself with my 5/8" one that is mostly white with very light green but is faceted.

I didn't really start this post.

It looks like I did because of a technicality.

But I'm very glad it happened.

These are incredible marbles, spheres, etc.,

and sometimes 'accessories', and they're

just terrific to see and learn about. ( :

Mon, the first one is a form of Jasper common to Wyoming similar but not identical to a petrified wood. Hansel those Reptilian Agates are really something, they all seem to have a serious amount of wear on them, The figures that is, the Agates themselves dont appear to be hand faceted at least not that you can tell from the photos,very nice detail on the original casts which would suggest a bit of age, 30's--40's perhaps?? Orbboy I've never seen Lapis Lazuli in that color before? it looks more like an Amzonite with some quartz inclusions, Interesting Set, Galen that ones seen a few battles for sure, I wonder how many glass marbles it tortured? DB.