Lots To Get Through (Black/white)

Mattshaw1953

Well, you certainly started with an eye-catching one!

I like it. And agree that it's probably Alley Agate.

If you look closely, is what appears to be black there really a dark purple? Or a dark wood-brown color?

I'm seeing another Cac...can you post a few more pics? Just the way it's stacked leads me in this direction but more pics or in hand, I would nail it down! Alley is a good guess too! You sure found some nice marbles! peace, mon

Again Matt.....check these six out. They are dark purple and white and CAC's. Some can have flames and some are swirls. Yeah, that seems to be the consensus from Europe but they can and have been found on your side of the pond! Nice to see your marbles and you posting! Hope I've helped.

DSC02186_zpsdjpdv2ne.jpgDSC02187_zps6vip9phz.jpg

Now you've got me dithering. I can see reasons to think CAC -- mainly the width of the ribbons and the way some flare, for lack of a better way to put it.

As an aside, I have just moved a marble I've long had in my Alley box over to my CAC box. For similar reasons.

Mon, I have a similar one to the one on the right in your pics, but mine's not purple. The ribbons are two-toned brown instead. But I have it in my Alley box, with matching cullet.

Maybe I need to start a new box called "Alley or CAC I Don't Know! I Don't Know!"