Old Or New?

winnie

Throwing myself off the cliff, I'll say it reminds me of one sold to me as an Alley. I'm not entirely convinced, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Maybe Ron will drop by . . .

post-2163-0-84855100-1429049352_thumb.jp

Vacor did have some "old fashioned" marbles and I could not find any pictures of the older style from pre-90's but their newer old fashioned style is the basic colors with nothing swirly like Winnie's. Here's a pic of a bag of their new old fashioned style (for info - some might look like WV swirls).

post-60-0-57306100-1429119529_thumb.jpg

I'm sticking with Alley, the new bag Al posted, Yes some do resemble WV swirls, but the one in question is more striated which you do not see as often or at all in new Vacors, but maybe I'll get blown out of the water on that response, I've never really focused on Vacor or Jabo allthough I do own quite a few of each just to have as examples, more Jabo than Vacor, only a few thousand though. DB.

Yea, it's the width and striations of the ribbons that still have me leaning towards Alley. And I know that this is subjective, but the glass certainly does look and feel "old."

Can't compare to Vacors, since I only have a few, but I have a fair number of JABOs (although all of them are from the private runs), and I haven't seen any resembling this.