Sharing Pictures Of Pelt Rainbos

pedidoll

Kabobam, good questions that many have thought of before and well worth discussing. Who drives the market and establish a value, (WE) do, why? In our passion for the hobby (we all) seek the more illusive round orbs that are harder to find or knowing these (certain) ones takes a long time to find. Do we buy from a dealer who (already) knows this and pay the price they set or wait to (HOPEFULLY) find one in the wild? I can attest to this fact, that the (MORE) marbles you look at the more you learn, when you go thru thousands of marbles a year. Which plain pelt "Rainbo" is better than the other and is worth more? Who knows for sure which one is more HTF to come up with than another one? Knowledge is (KING) in this hobby and (always) talking about the hobby and what is out there and which ones are better than the others is a necessity. The marble books coming out from the past and newer ones coming out today are getting much better for vital information wheather it be for the provinance or just plain great identifiable photos to look at. As one of my best friends (Clyde Tuller) used to say about "Rainbos" and "Peerless Patches", they should be a tad cheaper but finding the more raraer types should bring a better price. An example of this is the tracer family type, called the "Manderine Bee" or as Clyde called it the "Poisen Bee", a yellow base "Rainbo" with black ribbons edged in orange with some examples having light av whereas others no av. This specific pelt is very pretty and on the HTF side of plain "Rainbos" to find. Yes, the price of these are higher. Another example is the pelt "Manderine Zebra", white opaque base with black ribbons also trimmed in orange. These two examples are for (ME) much harder to find, so therefore these would fetch a better selling price. A hundred common marbles were made but (MAYBE) ONE changed, thats the one you want!! You have to LOVE the hunt, thats the fun part. Chuck G--

post-2867-0-35094600-1429618171_thumb.jp

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winnie may have just posted hers because they are pretty not really calling them Rainbos.> I do not believe they are "Rainbos". Many of them and 6 ribbon tri-colors have been found in National Line packaging?? There are non National Line types but I believe they have 4 ribbons IMO

Thanks. The brown bottle is pre-1939, because sometime in 1938 a 7up higher-up

said "Hey! Why do we have eight bubbles on the label? There should be seven!"

And that's how it's been ever since. ( :

P1020352.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...