What Are You Eating Right Now?! (:

Steph

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm now able to give a proper response here and say that I'm eating a slice of reheated pizza.

Microwaving is not allowed for this. Heat up a bare-nekkid dry non-stick skillet with a cover.

Actually, I bet a good old iron one would work fine. Just haven't done it myself.

Figure out the perfect level of heat and time to get everything nice and hot without further darkening the crust.

(Made that sound easy, didn't I?) To be honest, this isn't really possible. Which is why you need to

occasionally lift the cover and throw a couple small splashes of water on the surface of the pan. Just enough

to aid in the cheese-melting process, but without getting the crust soggy.

Once you have the dozen or so variables calibrated and in perfect balance, you'll have the ultimate reheated slice! :wacko:

(You know, cold pizza is pretty good too.)

• 1 month later...

Dandelion omelet.

Yes, I said it!

I ate dandelions! The flowers, with the green base, but not the rest of the stem. Mixed in egg and scrambled.

And I might do it again ....

That reminds me . . . how do you cook your bok choy, Steph? I think I want to try it.

And because I actually have something pretty good to report right now -- Whole Foods just opened a big store right across the street from where I work, and I've been working my way through their hot dishes. Right now for lunch I have some barbecued pulled pork, a little piece of barbecued chicken, a short piece of grilled Italian sausage with a few pieces of grilled onion, some stewed collards with vinegar, and some macaroni and cheese. I don't think I'm gonna make it to the cornbread.

The cornbread's lookin' like supper. If I want any more food later, at all.

:)

I stir fried it once. But I didn't like the oil to vegetable ratio, so I mostly use it in soup. I slice it in fairly narrow strips and put the thicker, white parts of the bok choy in the soup about three minutes before done cooking, and the leafier parts of the bok choy in about a minute later.

I've thought about cooking it with egg, the way I sometimes do with cabbage or spinach, but I can't remember if I've ever made it that far with bok choy. I usually pick up several instant soup packages when I'm in picking up bok choy, and by the time I'm done eating those soups the bok choy is gone.

• 1 month later...

Lentils are a really terrific (on many levels) and often under-appreciated food.

In fact, they might be 'being unappreciated' at your household as we speak! :lol:

With all their 'soluble fiber' they're a perfect complement to a delicious sausage.

This is similar to the idea that you can eat all the General Tso's Chicken you want,

as long as you also eat the fiber-rich broccoli that comes with it.

(Okay, the concept isn't 'perfect', but there is some validity to it.) :)