A Chocolate Bedtime Story From Bob

kbobam

Way back in the old days, when I was a boy...

What were the dinosaurs like, Bop-Bop?

Shaddup, you little bleeps!

Like I was saying, when I was real little like you, I once got to take a long ride on a train so I could meet my grandparents.

I was real excited, because back then when we were walking miles uphill to school barefoot in the snow, we used to think about how much we admired and respected our grandparents. And walking home was uphill too!

I couldn't believe how cool these old people were. And you should take a lesson from that!

Is that why it's so hot in here, Bop-Bop? Because you're always so cool?

!@#$%^&!!! That's not the point!

Anyway, my new grandparents showed me how they pumped water right out of the ground. That was pretty neat, but it wasn't the best thing. The best thing was that they always had the biggest can of Hershey's syrup I'd ever seen. You could have chocolate milk anytime you wanted! And they had Milky-Way Bars in the freezer! No one where I came from had ever thought of that! They were geniuses!

Like you, Bop-Bop?

Damn straight! :P

Coming soon: The other grandparents and more chocolate.

Bob, just gotta let you know how much I appreciate you rekindling old wonderful memories.

Banana flavored marshmallow peanuts at Grandma Nestlerodes house. Both her and Grandpa were diabetic but Grandma always had candy available to the grand kids.

The indoor water pump(small version just like the outdoor pumps) on the kitchen counter at Great Aunt Gerts House?? They either built the kitchen around the well or the pump drew water from a cistern under the house??

My grandmother lived in our house one floor below,her house was bomed in early WW11 and mij grandfather did not survive (I've never known him),so my granny came to live with us in Amsterdam.

When I went to primary school,I always went to her in the morning,because she had some candies for me,I'm not sure wether it was one or a few candies.

My other grandparents lived in Rotterdam,their house was bombed also during WW11,fortunately they both survived,later on when they came to visit us,they always took a Mars=milky way for me.Oh yeah I loved candy.

It's becoming clear that grandparents have a 'moral obligation' to spoil the grandkids with sweets!

And that this obligation far outweighs any opinions the parents may have on this matter.

Besides, they're still just kids themselves. They don't know squat! The 'grands' have 'been there and back'! B)