New Guy

alkare

New guy here with no clue to what is what. I have an estate lot of marbles that I am going through trying to figure out what I have. I will be listing them on Ebay with all of the profits going to a family foundation that I am a president of. I will be posting a few pictures so any help would be apprecited.

post-3722-0-48143700-1430587909_thumb.jp

post-3722-0-66316900-1430587922_thumb.jp

Hello, alkare.

Welcome.

The good news is that they appear to be most or all vintage.

Right now I'm not seeing anything to pull out and say, "this one is so valuable it should be sold on its own". Hopefully others will look and see if anything jumps out at them.

Looking again. The second photo does have some interesting marbles in it. Might be called an Akro Carnelian Oxblood near the top. (Not sure of the name, but it has a white base and orange and brick red striping.

Some of the blue base with yellow striping marbles might deserve close-ups.

On the right side of the 2nd photo is a larger than average Vitro which I find interesting.

The large blue and red marble on the left of the 2nd photo is an Alley Agate. Would be extra value because of the size.

I think maybe possibly I see a "brick" in the third photo but not sure about that.

So, back to first thought, it's a nice vintage group.

If you post more pics, the recommended number per photo is around four. However, with so many to go through, you might be able to speed things up a little with grids of, say, five marbles by five marbles. That way people can more easily point out what is of interest to them. E.g., "First row, 4th marble." Like that.

Whether you go with four or 25 per group, post a separate thread for each group. That helps minimize confusion. :)

Hi Guys alkare is my ebay name. I have about 2000 marbles to list this looks like the most vintage. I will try to pull what I think looks more interesting and post those photos. Thanks for all your help. My sister was killed in a car accident 26 years ago and my father started a foundation in here name by jumbling the letters of her name(Karla) and it became alkare.

I recommend a new photo. That would be helpful and more beneficial going forward. Circling gets complicated fast. Downloading, editing, uploading. That's why I was saying to put them in a grid, with rows and columns, so they'd be easier to point out.

If you do put 'em in one or more grids and repost, start a new thread for each separate group. You don't have to start a new thread for any requested close-ups. But for completely separate groups start a new thread.

Thanks! We do want to be helpful. Just want to make it easier for all involved. :thup: