I Have A Very Exciting Lead!

sclsu

So while I'm getting the pics ready, here is the story. I met someone today at an estate sale when I was asking a worker if they had any marbles. The person I met said that they had a bunch of old marbles because they used to work for someone who at one time owned part of the peltier glass company. Needless to say, I was blown away by what i saw when I got there. There was a mix of old, new, samples, boxes, etc. Lucky for me they were attached to the new stuff, which was awesome by the way - Betty boxes, second run boxes, etc. I now have the coolest peltier collection in socal.....stay tuned for pics.

I guess if I didn't have anyone around to help me with a name, I'd call the black aventurine. Does the "pearlized" label seem old? As if it were an original description of the marble?

Love your letter. Take care of that paper. Do you have a plastic cover you can store it in flat? Better not to fold and refold. So the government needed dark red marbles and the public needed lighter ones ..... for ..... something ..... Or was the marble just to be a color sample for some other glassware, such as the reflector which Peltier molded?

Edited by Steph

There were 2 clear red marbles in the box, one light and one dark. These were probably used for industrial purposes of some kind. There is another box that is just color samples, and these are more oddball shapes

There were 2 clear red marbles in the box, one light and one dark. These were probably used for industrial purposes of some kind. There is another box that is just color samples, and these are more oddball shapes

very cool

so could the metal looking stuff on the patches could be adventurine?

that's what I'd say, or with the dirt on them part of the sheen could be from what happens to marbles underground

but now I better step back and let someone else weigh in

P.s., now I see/re-see the box lid which says "reflector marbles". I know that some marbles were used for reflectors. But I also see the molded reflector, so that's why I was spending all that time wondering about whether the Automatic Devices Co. was receiving marbles or molded version. Why not both ...

Edited by Steph