4 Color Pelt Rainbo?

sclsu

I dug them, not Boyce, and I dug this one, too, but not dozens.

I have only one like the marble above, but I suspect there are many others like it.

I am less familiar with what was their standard production, than what they threw away...

They did make other marbles with four or more colors, too.

Looks like whats called a multi or tri colored Rainbo . Does not fit the multi-colored swirl definition for me. Not a fruit salad type

Not swirly enough for the multi-colored swirl name, is what Galen means. Looks like a regular Rainbo but in multi-colored-swirl colors (red, white, blue in green; and yellow, white, blue in green are the two main ones. Also orange, blue, white in green. . . ) Plainer ones like this one are taken to be later than the swirly ones. I don't know that for a fact, however.

If I'm not mistaken, and I very well might be, since I've only assumed it until now -- I believe the fruit salad needs to be in a colorless base glass. Is that right?

I'm wondering if there really is a green ribbon there -- or if it is white which looks green because of the base glass.

I thought about that, but to me the white ribbon doesn't look the same underneath the surface as the green ribbons.

I have one that is like the multi color in question, and I think it is a very unusual NLR. Some of the ribbons are faint, but on one side there are distinct separate ribbons of blue, white, transparent red, white, green, green, white, and blue...

multi%20color%201_zpsj8mcy33m.jpg

These ribbons wrap around one half of the marble, and the other half is mostly the transparent yellow-green base glass...

multi%20color%202_zpsxsjm6pud.jpg

There are also weak ribbons of transparent red, white, and blue on one end of the base glass side...

multi%20color%203_zpsj16bpee4.jpg

the other end

multi%20color%204_zpsqhpdyvps.jpg

the bottom side...

multi%20color%205_zps5cybm6km.jpg

and the other side...

multi%20color%206_zpsyupk75d0.jpg

Thanks Dave, if you're ever in town I'll show you.

I could show you a multi color swirl type with four colors, also...blue white and orange on one side, and blue white and yellow on the other, twisted nicely...

swirl%201_zpsiowfw9ga.jpg

swirl%202_zpszwuewkuq.jpg

swirl%203_zpsa9cd1nwm.jpg

swirl%204_zpsgczg6cjs.jpg

This is a very imformative thread, love (ALL) the comments about them. I have been pretty busy but when i get time i will take a photo of a group of these starting with a (single) color and progress up to (counting white opaque) up to four colors with the white. I hope this will give everyone an idea of peltier starting with a single color and adding extra colors as they produced them. The peltier "Fancy Fruit Cocktail" has five colors with the white. As Chad says: they must be on a (CLEAR) base to qualify them as such. Bringing a photo later on. Chuck G--