1929-07-31 -- Peltier (Gropper) Canaries

• 10 months later...

It looks a little greenish on my screen.  Is that just a trick the camera played?  

I wanna say yes!  But I still feel shy about the name even with the encouragement I got for mine.  

Mike!  We need you! 

What's it look like under blacklight?  My yellow one is blazingly bright.  Brighter than my Akro Lemonades. 

On August 13, 2015 at 10:25 AM, pollyestr2 said:

Steph: American Machine-Made Marbles describes Canaries as one-color translucent Peltier marbles - "The National Milkie is similar to the Akro Agate Moonie, and the Canary is similar but has a slight greenish tint."

A yellowish tint would make more sense to me but they got that info someplace - ??

Nancy

23 minutes ago, Steph said:

It looks a little greenish on my screen.  Is that just a trick the camera played?  

What's it look like under blacklight?  My yellow one is blazingly bright.  Brighter than my Akro Lemonades. 

Steph:  Not a trick of the camera and has that bit of that green in hand too.  I pasted the statement from Nancy's post above where this is indicated in American Machine Marbles. Uranium does give a several wavelengths into the edge of the green I know, and sometimes characteristics of the glass might mask that effect a bit.  And you are correct...this one glows a great deal...almost feel the need to don my welding glasses! 

I've got all sort of those blind spots too (I had just re-read that thread tonight, for like, the hundredth time and was reminded to look for that feature...'oh, yeah, I forgot that bit' happens all the time for me, and why shouldn't it...so many little details.  :)