Need Help To I.d. These Clay Marbles

metalshelf

Hi: I'll try to get a better picture of both marbles and post them. Both are definitely clay or some type of ceramic. The brown, in blue and brown mottled type design, appears to have been applied with a sponge, however, the greyish blue randomly applied lines have been put on with a brush. Marble has a clear glaze. It measures 27/32" in diameter and weighs 0.435 ounces. The snowflake obsidian type design ( great comparison Ann ) is also a clay or ceramic type with a clear glaze. The brown lines appear to be in the clay like a crockery marble. The irregular and randomly applied black splotches may have been applied to the surface with a tiny piece of sponge or other instrument. I say clay also because there are a couple of very small flakes where the surface is exposed under the glaze and paint. Measures 25/32" in diameter and weighs 0.400 ounce. Stone would be much heavier as well. Bob

Hi: Very hard to photograph and get good details. These are the best pictures I was able to get. Hopefully, details are much clearer. Bob.

I agree with a mineral sphere on the right. And I like the one on the left, it looks like stoneware to me.