This Peltier

J_Ding

The first is 0.66", I've found about five of these or so, and the ones I've checked fluoresce green under UV. I'm sure some would see this as a boring mib, I think it still very interesting. Any information appreciated. If you have pictures of yours, please post them...seeing more always helps. Thanks. John

(Edit: Added two new pictures and deleted a near duplicate)

post-3757-0-52577300-1440382743_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-54363700-1440460772_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-59150700-1440460778_thumb.jp

What shade is the non-white part of the base? Tan? Peach?

The base is a very light tan, maybe a hint of peach or pink hue...certainly very hard to describe. I think picture is an accurate representation of the colors of this marble when I put them next to the monitor. John

For the moment, I really do think it's a Pelt. As a thought experiment, imagine replacing the base glass with green, and the ribbons with red, and voila, a dragon is born. But with mibs, and so much more in life, I've been wrong. I'm happy to change as the data change me. John

The first one looks like it might be one of the U-joint NLR's (I think that's how Bob Block described them).

Do the four ribbons connect up in one big oval like a racetrack?

Edit: I meant hourglass rather than oval.

Both look pelt to me. Some people refer to these tan based types as "malts". I've always thought of them as a "zebra" type on a tan base.

Although. I've never seen black aventurine ribbons on a tan base. That would be a nice one to see.

Malts. Nice. That's a good name...gets it just right. John

With just one view of the first, I am not convinced it's Peltier.

Sorry. I saw that, but not sure what happened in the photo lab. I usually do have a number of views...I'll dig back into the pictures and see if I can fix this. John (Edit: fixed first set of photos...sorry!).

The first one looks like it might be one of the U-joint NLR's (I think that's how Bob Block described them).

Do the four ribbons connect up in one big oval like a racetrack?

Edit: I meant hourglass rather than oval.

Some of the examples I have twist, and some match up.