Large Single Pontil Onionskin Needs Help!

The glass would probably pop out of those chips if you grind it, so if they are deep enough such that rounding the marble to the deepest point would get into the core, it may not be possible to restore it by polishing. In that case, perhaps someone good with a torch would try?

Sorry. Just mentioned it. Didn't mean anything bad by it. If I didn't mention it someone else probably would have.

Here's a link to Mike talking about his method:

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/19143-open-core-latticno-would-you-polish-it/?p=165686

I kinda sorta remember him talking about filling in things with significant damage, but I can't swear to it.

Please don't assume the worst. I didn't mean anything bad. That's all I can say.

If I had a marble like that I would definitely consider Mike's method. It would be good to have something reversible in case you ever changed your mind.

Believe it or not, there are people who come here and try to learn specific details so they can better rip other people off. We like to make it clear that we do not condone such behavior. Hopefully, you agree with us. If you do, don't take it personally, stick around and have some fun.

Ok, fair enough, and yes I do enjoy buying and selling, however I probably sell 1% of the marbles I buy.

If I wanted to resell the damaged marble, maybe I would of posted on "Buy, sell, trade", that's all?

I've dealt with a number of people On this board, all will tell you I'm more than fair.

I'd just leave it the way it is. If 2/3 of the marble is in great shape that's not too bad. Your choice though. And I'm pretty sure the other comments didn't mean to insinuate you'd do something underhanded. There are some good marble restorers on this board. If I did as good a job as they, I'd sign my work for the sake of pride but again it's a personal decision. Good luck with this nice marble