Sunday Night 'deep Thoughts'

kbobam

A little while ago I tossed a 'Post-It-Note' that was no longer required in the trash.

Which is to say the wastepaper-basket conveniently located one foot away from me.

I was, and still am, very comfortable in my chair at my desk and computer.

I don't feel like 'moving'.

But it did hit me that I could have walked out to the kitchen and put it in the bag I use

for paper recycling. If I wasn't feeling so lazy.

If you look at it one way, it's obviously not a very big deal in the overall scheme of things.

But if you think about the outrageous numbers involved in the world population, and

how often 'insignificant' things are ignored, it sort of makes you wonder. smile-happybounce.gif

I understand completely Bob, and being in California I feel guilty every time I t

.urn on a water faucet for any thing. Even got dishpans in the kitchen sink and as they fill up, take em outside and water plants. Every front yard on the street and most yards everywhere(except where the greedy rich folk live)are dead brown. Even the big street trees are starting to suffer.

...But if you think about the outrageous numbers involved in the world population, and

how often 'insignificant' things are ignored, it sort of makes you wonder. smile-happybounce.gif

^^^

This.

Some places in the world don't even have recycling programs let alone garbage pickups. And the scary thing is, the shear population/density in certain parts are so high that your noble effort of recycling one post-it-note isn't even a blip in the grand scheme of things. But keep on doing it, and I'll do the same, and eventually just maybe the rest of the world will catch on before it''s too late.

Glad you mentioned your current water situation.

I wasn't aware of it, and feel like I should have been.

Physical distance shouldn't allow us to ignore problems

that our friends and brothers (figuratively and/or literally)

are having elsewhere.

And of course water is such an important 'basic', that it's

completely insane how so many people seem to have

very little 'respect' for it. When we finally manage to

totally destroy our water supply, 'mutually assured nuclear

destruction' will suddenly become a non-issue. It might

even be 'welcome'. Sorry to be so serious! :)