Humor Ar Ar

Steph

• 11 months later...
13 minutes ago, Steph said:

Ooops ... I'll try to remember that and add more empty spoiler lines next time. :)

Why, does not prevent me from reading it but requires more clicks to get it visible - I need to go for the cape to say I am super-lazy. ;)

Dr. Seuss should tell me something but it currently does not ring any bell. I am sure I read this name somewhere sometime ...

Well, then maybe this is a "learn something new" moment ... he's a big part of American culture.  

The Cat in the Hat

Green Eggs and Ham

Horton Hears a Who 

... oh and a very big biggie is:  

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

Do you know of the Grinch?  

18 minutes ago, Steph said:

Do you know of the Grinch?

Horton Hears a Who (Horton hört ein Hu) as well as How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Der Grinch) I know from the movies. Maybe I read Dr. Seuss' name in the end titles there. I think I will try to get the "fish" book - english version, of course.

:thup: 

It's just part of our background from being little kids in America.   Hence the "wait for ittttt" element to the joke.  Takes a minute, but then the sounds float into place and we get a chuckle. 

And obviously you know more about my culture than I know about yours, so Dr. Seuss is someone to add to the roster of people you know. :)

On 9/10/2016 at 2:04 AM, Steph said:

And obviously you know more about my culture than I know about yours,

Steph, maybe I know one or two things more than the usual non-american. But I am far away from really knowing your culture ...

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Two old friends are sitting there, drinking a beer.

One tells: "I have a severe problem with slugs in the garden. They eat away all my vegetables."

The other says: "You already tried out a beer trap?"

- "Are you nuts? Shall I now give them my beer also?"

- "No, no. Okay. How about collecting the slugs and put them elsewhere?" (We love even slugs and do not want to kill them ...)

- "Okay, good idea. I'll try it tomorrow."

The two make an appointment for the next evening and went home. The next evening they meet again. The slug chaser was really and obviously exhausted.

- "Wow. You look as if you picked tons of slugs. How many did you get?"

- "Not just even one in the whole day! Every time I got aware of one I immediately stooped but the beast flitted away before I could grasp it."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A duck walks into a bar and asks, "Got any grapes?"

The bartender, confused, tells the duck no. The duck thanks him and leaves.

The next day, the duck returns and asks, "Got any grapes?"

Again, the bartender tells him, "No -- the bar does not serve grapes, has never served grapes and, furthermore, will never serve grapes." The duck thanks him and leaves.

The next day, the duck returns, but before he can say anything, the bartender yells, "Listen, duck! This is a bar! We do not serve grapes! If you ask for grapes again, I will nail your stupid duck beak to the bar!"

The duck is silent for a moment, and then asks, "Got any nails?"

Confused, the bartender says no.

"Good!" says the duck. "Got any grapes?"