Hello From Nj

Rustydusty319

Hi Dusty, Welcome.

You could post an overview of your collection and we might be able to give you a general feel for what you have.

First thing to mention though is that when you're pulling the collection out take care not to bump the marbles around too much. Condition is paramount. One ding could reduce the value of a marble by more than half over its mint value.

Those are some nice marbles from the 1940's to 1960's. Maybe some from 1930's.

I don't see pricey ones.

It's a solidly vintage group though. That's a good sign. And someone might recognize more value in some of the swirls than I do.

There's a red, green and white one near the top I'd like to see the other side of.

(That's what I wrote in response to post #4 before I saw the notice for post #5.)

In Post #5, at least two of those look like Vitro cat's eyes. Maybe all three. Cat's eyes are generally among the less valuable marbles, but you have a three color hybrid there and that raised the value of the cat eye. I'm not sure how much to. But treat that one nicely.

The red/white/green ones are Vitro All-Reds.

The red/green/blue/white ones are Marble King Tri-Color Rainbows.

All likely from the 60's (or maybe late 50's). Not valuable. But good to have for a well-rounded vintage collection.

Welcome to marbles! The best hobby, in my opinion, that you can have. I'd say hang in there...the first several hundred hours of study can be rough! Don't get frustrated, figure out what you are interested in, and be patient. Look at your marbles, put them away, then take them out again. Work on IDs, watch threads, but be OK with the fact that you can't always figure them all out right away or ever. Follow your passion, collect what you like, be patient (unless you have deep pockets) about purchases...trust me, there will always be marbles to buy. I've found organizing them, and photographing them and making an inventory is a great way to go for your keepers. John